Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2014 Packers Training Camp Thread

Something tells me Abbrederis has a significant leg injury.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Something tells me Abbrederis has a significant leg injury.
    That would fit in with the TT model of stashing a guy on IR for a season while his body gets more NFL ready
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    That would fit in with the TT model of stashing a guy on IR for a season while his body gets more NFL ready
    You mean your dream of that model. When was the last time a first-year player got IRed and then went on to do something productive for GB?

Quite a few flags thrown again today for pass interference.

Eddie Lacy pummeled Tramon Williams on a running play. Might have been a decleater.

Myles White and Davante Adams really stand out. I don't know how they're going to decide which 6 to keep.

Nice catch by Lyerla on a ball not thrown very well.

Raji looks like he's in the best shape I've ever seen him.

Peppers looks like he's 8 feet tall when he lines up outside a DE who has his hand on the ground.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

You mean your dream of that model. When was the last time a first-year player got IRed and then went on to do something productive for GB?
    Did I say it was successful?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Myles White and Davante Adams really stand out. I don't know how they're going to decide which 6 to keep.
    Keep Nelson, Cobb, Boykin, Adams, White, Harper.
    Abbrederis, Janis and Bobblehead to IR.

Sounds like an ACL.

Green Bay - The Green Bay Packers were hoping for the best but fearing the worst Friday on knee damage suffered by wide receiver Jared Abbrederis of Wisconsin Thursday in practice.

A source told the Journal Sentinel that the diagnosis of the team's medical staff early Friday morning was a torn anterior cruciate ligament. The team was awaiting results of more diagnostic tests to confirm their original finding.

The Packers made no announcement of the damage suffered by Abbrederis, their fifth-round draft choice.

"I haven't had time to sit down with the medical staff," coach Mike McCarthy said about 11 a.m. "Right now, he has a knee. He completed practice yesterday."

Last year, tackle Bryan Bulaga also completed the intrasquad scrimmage at Lambeau with a knee injury that later was discovered to be a torn ACL.

Abbrederis attended practice Friday morning with a sizeable sleeve covering his right knee. He was able to jog from the field to the sideline, but then mostly stood around on the sideline.

Abbrederis had been giving a good account of himself in the first five practices. He played bigger and stronger than advertised, and also projected to be one of the top two or three candidates to return punts. He had become a huge favorite of the fans at Nitschke Field as well.

One reason why Abbrederis slipped to the fifth round despite a record-setting career for the Badgers was the question of durability. Personnel people from two teams said he suffered three or four concussions at UW, although Abbrederis maintained he incurred just one. In high school, he suffered a broken right femur as a sophomore but made a rapid recovery.

At 6 feet 1 inch and 195 pounds, Abbrederis was one of the leanest wide receivers in camp. At the combine, he bench-pressed 225 pounds just four times, which tied for the lowest total of more than 300 athletes in Indianapolis.

That pretty much sums up whats wrong with our training staff

Dont know if the rook has a torn acl or not, but let him go out and practice anyways

Bulaga is allowed to play the whole scrimage on a knee injury that turned out to be a torn acl

Then there was the young guy last year who went to cleveland or cinci who turned out to have a torn acl that no one knew about

Does anyone on our training staff have an actual medical degree? It sure as hell doesnt seem like it sometimes
    Last edited by red; 08-01-2014 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

Dont know if the rook has a torn acl or not, but let him go out and practice anyways

Bulaga is allowed to play the whole scrimage on a knee injury that turned out to be a torn acl

Then there was the young guy last year who went to cleveland or cinci who turned out to have a torn acl that no one knew about

Does anyone on our training staff have an actual medical degree? It sure as hell doesnt seem like it sometimes
    I thought Bulaga only played one more snap after he hurt his knee last year. But hey, that didn't stop us when the Germans bombed pearl harbor.

I'm curious about Datone Jones. Haven't heard his name much in any training camp reports. I wonder how he's doing.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I've been wondering why Janis has been out and all the reports have said: illness. Read this morning that it's Shingles. Makes sense.

Keep Nelson, Cobb, Boykin, Adams, White, Harper.
    Abbrederis, Janis and Bobblehead to IR.
    Bobblehead?

Janis will make the 53, hes not going to IR.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I thought Bulaga only played one more snap after he hurt his knee last year. But hey, that didn't stop us when the Germans bombed pearl harbor.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ga-knee-injury

That's a disaster. It's made strange, though, by the fact that Bulaga apparently didn't miss a single snap with the first-team offense despite suffering the injury and was even working on some special-teams plays later in the practice.

That doesn't sound like a guy who suffered a season-ending knee injury does it?
    It appears Bulaga did play on the knee after hurting it. However, it's unclear when Bulaga told anyone on the training staff that his knee hurt.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I'm curious about Datone Jones. Haven't heard his name much in any training camp reports. I wonder how he's doing.
    Jones has had some good pass rushes in one on ones, reporters said it looked like him from last year. But haven't heard much else.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...269633481.html

"He moves well," quarterback Aaron Rodgers said. "Catches everything."

The passing game has always been the easy part for Richard Rodgers. He played wide receiver in high school before moving to tight end at California, where he bulked up to 275 pounds as a freshman and sophomore.

Last year, he lost 30 pounds to play a split-receiver position at 245. He's back up in the 270-275 range now and blocking as well as any tight end in camp, according to Fontenot.

"I've naturally just been better catching," said Rodgers. "I was a wide receiver in high school so blocking took some time. I'm still learning about blocking and hand placement and steps."

Neither Aaron Rodgers nor Fontenot thinks Richard Rodgers needs to lose any weight even though he ran a slow 40-yard dash time of 4.87 weighing 260 on March 18.

"I think I'm a conventional tight end," Rodgers said. "Playing receiver in high school and last year helped me be in the slot and be in space. I can play anywhere. That's exactly what a tight end needs to do in this offense."
    Because I will never remember this.

Richard Rodgers freshman and sophomore: TE at 270 pounds
    junior: split end at 245
    combine: 260 and a 4.87 40
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Cobb as holder:

Backup plan: Ever wonder who would be the holder if something happened to Tim Masthay.

Wonder no more. It's receiver Randall Cobb.

"He's good," special teams coach Shawn Slocum said. "Randall is a good holder. He's got a good one-piece motion. Puts the ball on the spot. Mason (Crosby) feels comfortable with him. He did it in college. He's been our backup holder for a while."

It makes you wonder what would happen if the Packers used Cobb, their all-purpose offensive option, as the full-time holder. They would have the ability to run fakes and probably force the opposing team to limit its number of rushers to account for a possible fake.

Slocum intends to stick with Masthay.
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...269633881.html

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 19h
    I hate this Abbrederis story. Just had someone tell me that if Abby does have an ACL tear, "I guarantee he doesn't know yet."

From yesterday at 5 PM.