Thread: Training Camp Battles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I still say you don't NEED a huge space occupier in the D Line, not for the base D anyway - just maybe for short yardage/goal line D. I'm actually rooting for Raji to snap back even though I have about as low an opinion of him as anybody. If they use him more as a penetrator and mobile NT, it could happen. Does nobody else consider Jerel Worthy even worth a comment? I see him as possibly the 3rd best D Lineman after Daniels and D. Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I still say you don't NEED a huge space occupier in the D Line, not for the base D anyway - just maybe for short yardage/goal line D. I'm actually rooting for Raji to snap back even though I have about as low an opinion of him as anybody. If they use him more as a penetrator and mobile NT, it could happen. Does nobody else consider Jerel Worthy even worth a comment? I see him as possibly the 3rd best D Lineman after Daniels and D. Jones.
    Worthy does not have the body type needed to play nose tackle in base defense: he's too light in the pants. You want a squatter body in the middle, one that won't easily get leveraged by the center. And when he has been able to stay healthy, his performance on the field has been underwhelming. He seems to be afflicted by that double curse: an underachiever who cannot stay healthy. I think there is a decent chance he doesn't make the final roster this year.
    Last edited by hoosier; 07-21-2014 at 10:30 AM.