Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
and that was the basis of my rants a couple months ago, no whispers, no rumors, nothing linking raji to any other teams other then raji saying "there were other teams"

my argument was that raji was not worth much more then the vet minimum, i can't for the life of me believe that anyone would offer him more then 2 million a year.

so IMO, yes, TT overpaid for him.

but throwing away 2 or 3 million more then i think he's worth for one year isn't the end of the world, so the argument kind of just died

now if we had signed him for 8 million a year like we originally offered, i'd be cutting my ear off right now
You having an opinion that he isn't worth much over the vet minimum does not make it a fact that he had no other offers and might be out of the league next year. That's all I'm pointing out. I trust Thompson wouldn't pay somebody $4M/year who had zero interest from other teams. I'm sure Raji got offers. I'm guessing some were of the 3y/$9M variety. Considering he was projected to get a pretty good chunk of change before his miserable year, he decided to roll the dice on having a good year and making more next year.

For what it's worth, after Raji signed his contract he said he got offers from 3 or 4 other teams.