Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Day Before First Practice, 5 Players On Injured List

Day Before First Practice, 5 Players On Injured List

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 1h
    #Packers roster update:
    PUP: Nick Perry, Mike Neal
    Non-football injury: Letroy Guion, Jerel Worthy
    Non-football illness: Jeff Janis

see here for more details: http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...l=1#post791678
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Well, last year the Packers started training camp with 6 players on PUP, so the new procedures must be working!

Janis is on the non-football illness list. What kind of illness would put you on the football illness list?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Well, last year the Packers started training camp with 6 players on PUP, so the new procedures must be working!

Janis is on the non-football illness list. What kind of illness would put you on the football illness list?
    Well, Ebola and Bubonic Plague have both sprung up again recently.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

In Tampa and Cleveland I believe all staph infections are considered football related illnesses.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    In Tampa and Cleveland I believe all staph infections are considered football related illnesses.
    Looks like Carl Nick's career is over after a combination of the infection and his turf toe injury.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

What did they use to call that queasy feeling defensive linemen would get the week before playing against Larry Allen? I'd call that a football related illness.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 1h
    #Packers roster update:
    PUP: Nick Perry, Mike Neal
    Non-football injury: Letroy Guion, Jerel Worthy
    Non-football illness: Jeff Janis

see here for more details: http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...l=1#post791678

What the hell is it with Mike Neal? Cripes, just when he seems to have his first healthy off-season ever, he goes into the crapper again? That is so damn aggravating. I imagine he is, too, but I'm really glad he only got a what, two-year deal? He is what he is, I guess.

I'm getting close to the same way of thinking about Perry. Dude is approaching bust status, in my mind in large part because McC seemed really pissed about Perry missing OTA's and such, which leads me to think Perry had some unauthorized surgery, or waited to have surgery the team recommended he have immediately at the close of the season.

This is the usual Packer start of camp already. We all know what's coming next. I won't write it, but we all know what it is.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    What the hell is it with Mike Neal? Cripes, just when he seems to have his first healthy off-season ever, he goes into the crapper again? That is so damn aggravating. I imagine he is, too, but I'm really glad he only got a what, two-year deal? He is what he is, I guess.

I'm getting close to the same way of thinking about Perry. Dude is approaching bust status, in my mind in large part because McC seemed really pissed about Perry missing OTA's and such, which leads me to think Perry had some unauthorized surgery, or waited to have surgery the team recommended he have immediately at the close of the season.

This is the usual Packer start of camp already. We all know what's coming next. I won't write it, but we all know what it is.
    Well if it is the same old, same old. it's time for a change from GM right down through all the coaches. That is IF things go as they usually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Well if it is the same old, same old. it's time for a change from GM right down through all the coaches. That is IF things go as they usually do.
    I assume you don't mean win the division and make the playoffs.

I assume you don't mean win the division and make the playoffs.
    When does just barely making the play offs and losing badly in the first game become not good enough? The Packers win because of Rodgers and their offense despite their less than stellar defense. I am just saying that if they keep doing the same thing and hope for a different outcome, that is not going to work. Sometimes you have to shake things up to get a different outcome.

Our super-awesome ILB's, Brad Jones and AJ Hawk, are ready to go
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Our super-awesome ILB's, Brad Jones and AJ Hawk, are ready to go
    Hawk will get it done, Jones, not so much.

When does just barely making the play offs and losing badly in the first game become not good enough? The Packers win because of Rodgers and their offense despite their less than stellar defense. I am just saying that if they keep doing the same thing and hope for a different outcome, that is not going to work. Sometimes you have to shake things up to get a different outcome.
    Its not good enough. But its also not bad in a year the best player on the team misses eight games.

If it continues, more people will be on the way out. But it won't be Thompson or McCarthy who will go. I do think McCarthy has something to prove along with his QB about beating better defenses sitting back in Cover 2. But its a challenge they can overcome.

Well, if your criteria are getting into the playoffs consistently but not getting to the SB since 2010, let's see who else should be fired if their teams don't make it to the SB:

Bill Belichek
    Sean Payton
    Mike Tomlin

Who am I missing on this list of hot seat candidates?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

So, winning the division nearly every year, and winning the super bowl the year we don't win the division, and a 14-2 season....is not good enough? TT and MM have been wildly successful. If you don't see that, I am speechless.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Well, if your criteria are getting into the playoffs consistently but not getting to the SB since 2010, let's see who else should be fired if their teams don't make it to the SB:

Bill Belichek
    Sean Payton
    Mike Tomlin

Who am I missing on this list of hot seat candidates?
    Everyone except for about 3 coaches. Does SF bitch about Harbaugh because he keeps choking with no Super Bowl victory to show for his efforts....or just cuz he is a DICK!!!
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

If not winning the SB is grounds for removal no team in the league would have any stability. This team has shown it can make it to the post season repeatedly even with a ridiculous number of injuries to key players. Isn't that the goal - to make the playoffs first? You can't win squat sitting at home in January. Yes, it is disappointing to lose in the playoffs. We all want to win it all but only one team every year is happy in February. I submit if we can stay relatively healthy this season - for a change - we'll make a lot of noise this season. Isn't that what we all want?

So you are all happy with the status quo on defense? Like I said, doing the same thing and expecting different results doesn't seem to be working. Yes a total house cleaning would be extreme. But just wait until years from now when they have no Rodgers and it's plain to see they didn't capitalize on the window. For Kool-aid drinkers I am always surprised that some of you don't expect more of this team. Do I expect a Superbowl win every year, no. But there is no reason this team shouldn't have went deep into the playoffs the last few years.

If, while trying to assess what is wrong with the Packers D and what can be done to fix it, you limit yourself to two explanations, you will never understand the problem in the first place. It then stands a chance to be repeated after the newness of your new hires wears off. There cannot be just two possible explanations: fire everyone or drink kool-aid because everything is fine.

Capers is perfectly capable of fielding a dominating D. He has done it before. He did it with Thompson for 2 years. It looked good for half a season last year.

But there is clearly a disconnect with the depth on the team and/or its youth and the player acquisition philosophy. He might have a coach or two who are underperforming. The team seems to be capable of either playing good pass D or good run D, but never at the same time.

The best answer to this particular problem, is to do what the Steelers do well, and what every meddling owner gets wrong. Have the GM interfere with the HC and tell him to to hire for DC. The GM will only hire a DC who knows he is getting draft and develop and seems to be able to handle it. However, you will not get the best Head Coaches that way and there is always a chance your coaches will fracture.

There is a reason there is also tension between players, coaches and front office in Pittsburgh, even though they win. And there is a reason Snyder and Jones are poor team owners.

If, while trying to assess what is wrong with the Packers D and what can be done to fix it, you limit yourself to two explanations, you will never understand the problem in the first place. It then stands a chance to be repeated after the newness of your new hires wears off. There cannot be just two possible explanations: fire everyone or drink kool-aid because everything is fine.

Capers is perfectly capable of fielding a dominating D. He has done it before. He did it with Thompson for 2 years. It looked good for half a season last year.

But there is clearly a disconnect with the depth on the team and/or its youth and the player acquisition philosophy. He might have a coach or two who are underperforming. The team seems to be capable of either playing good pass D or good run D, but never at the same time.

The best answer to this particular problem, is to do what the Steelers do well, and what every meddling owner gets wrong. Have the GM interfere with the HC and tell him to to hire for DC. The GM will only hire a DC who knows he is getting draft and develop and seems to be able to handle it. However, you will not get the best Head Coaches that way and there is always a chance your coaches will fracture.

There is a reason there is also tension between players, coaches and front office in Pittsburgh, even though they win. And there is a reason Snyder and Jones are poor team owners.
    So what do you think GB needs to do to fix it?