Thread: Day Before First Practice, 5 Players On Injured List

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    So you are all happy with the status quo on defense? Like I said, doing the same thing and expecting different results doesn't seem to be working. Yes a total house cleaning would be extreme. But just wait until years from now when they have no Rodgers and it's plain to see they didn't capitalize on the window. For Kool-aid drinkers I am always surprised that some of you don't expect more of this team. Do I expect a Superbowl win every year, no. But there is no reason this team shouldn't have went deep into the playoffs the last few years.
    I am extremely disappointed in the performance of the Packers the last three seasons. Going into 2011, this looked like a team that had it all and was young to boot. I expected SB appearances not every year, but certainly every few, maybe a back-to-back as some other teams had. However, it is what it is, and after a season is done I don't see a need to whine and complain about it. I simply start discussing what can happen the next season. Many things have contributed to the rapid decline of the defense, most being personnel related. Their five top difference makers from 2010 all disappeared or regressed in impact significantly (Woodson, Collins, Raji, Williams and Matthews). Each was a special performer in 2010, and their decline in impact began immediately in 2011 with the loss of Collins and the declines by Williams and Woodson. Raji disappeared and Matthews can't stay on the field. That's a lot to fix, and so far none of the attempts have worked, due to both injury and disappointing performances.

I hope it bottomed out in 2013. There will be a significant turnover on D this year. Compared to 2013, 2 of the primary DL, at least 1 LB, the 3rd CB and 1 starting safety will be different. That's 5 of 12 positions. There could be another 1 or 2 as well. They don't need to change the defensive scheme as much as they need to find the players to play it well. You can win a lot of different ways,
    Last edited by Patler; 07-29-2014 at 06:22 AM.