View Poll Results: Was the Richard Rodgers Pick Inspired or Panicked?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Inspired. Last of the physical specimens, possible big upside due to changing role during college.

10 66.67%
  • Panicked. Faced with Finley's demise, someone had to come in and help Quarless. Hello Someone.

5 33.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Richard Rodgers: You Make The Call!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I actually don't believe this has been the case since 2010. But I am interested in why you think this was still happening.
    Because I listed to NFL Network....Pat O'Brien and Jim Miller....who get DC's and head coaches in and interview them all the time.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Because I listed to NFL Network....Pat O'Brien and Jim Miller....who get DC's and head coaches in and interview them all the time.
    Coordinators get interviewed all the time. They tend not to say too much and when they do, its news. Like when Capers explained, after everyone started to complain about Kaepernick not being spied, that they DID try to spy.

So other than saying something boring and generic like "you have to be sure not to let Finley beat you", did they really reveal any details of their intention to focus on Finley?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

With Jermicahael Finley, lets call a spade a spade.

We will miss his elite talent. No TE on this roster has the combo of skills he brings. DC's game planned for Finley; they won't with our current TE's.

What we don't miss is his perceieved occasional arrogance and the mentality he sometimes gives off.

But talent wise he is elite.

I think the combo of TE's we have can do a fine job though.
    Finley only had elite production in about 1 1/2 seasons that he was in Green Bay. I'm not just talking about injuries, he had a lot of drops. It was not like having a Tony Gonzalez or Jason Witten on the field, except maybe in his second year.

"Talent" is only part of story. Jeff George had talent.

I am not down with a combo of TEs. Every team has a combo of TEs. The teams where that position is an asset have a threat.

One of those guys needs to be a good player - like Finley.

I doubt teams were as worried about Finley in 2013 as they were in 2009-10. That said, I'll bet they worried more about Finley than they did Quarless. They need someone to eventually emerge who is better than Quarless. Bostick and Rodgers are the best bets to do that. I think Rodgers has a chance to their best overall TE in a long time.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I doubt teams were as worried about Finley in 2013 as they were in 2009-10. That said, I'll bet they worried more about Finley than they did Quarless. They need someone to eventually emerge who is better than Quarless. Bostick and Rodgers are the best bets to do that. I think Rodgers has a chance to their best overall TE in a long time.
    This is the case. What we have left, unless a rookie emerges....are a bunch of JAG's who DC's don't really have to mention or pay attention to at all. They can let their Brad Just a guy Jones cover them man to man.

I'm not sure we need a weapon at TE but it was nice to have.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

This is the case. What we have left, unless a rookie emerges....are a bunch of JAG's who DC's don't really have to mention or pay attention to at all. They can let their Brad Just a guy Jones cover them man to man.

I'm not sure we need a weapon at TE but it was nice to have.
    I know everyone here hates McGinn, but he seems to think RR is the real deal.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post

"Talent" is only part of story. Jeff George had talent.
    Unfortunately, this sums it up well. I'm sure dcs said George could throw it anywhere on the field and DBS had to stay with their guy down the field. George was still inconsistent. Finley too.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    If he can consistently block, catch TDs in the red zone, and move the chains, he'll set up the rest of the offense to do whatever the hell it wants.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I know everyone here hates McGinn, but he seems to think RR is the real deal.
    Everbody hates McGinn!? Only losers who have converted their basement into being a "packer room" and who wear football jerseys to church hate Bob McGinn. Now that you mention it, I guess that is most of the people in this forum. But I like McGinn a lot, he is interesting. The only reason he is wrong a lot is that he offers a lot of opinions. I think he is insightful most of the time.

I wonder if anybody painted their face for "Family night" last Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Everbody hates McGinn!? Only losers who have converted their basement into being a "packer room" and who wear football jerseys to church hate Bob McGinn. Now that you mention it, I guess that is most of the people in this forum. But I like McGinn a lot, he is interesting. The only reason he is wrong a lot is that he offers a lot of opinions. I think he is insightful most of the time.

I wonder if anybody painted their face for "Family night" last Saturday.
    You liking him proves I'm right on my assumption of him being a boob.