Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bryan Bulaga Bulked Up in Rehab

Bryan Bulaga Bulked Up in Rehab

Purposefully, under supervision. But it that the best idea when coming back from a knee injury?

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...back/13227205/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

If he'll be on the rigt side, it's probably a good thing. We'll see if he gets hurt, yet again, in this, his contract year.

I heard Bryon stopped Julius cold twice during one on ones today while in pads.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I heard Bryon stopped Julius cold twice during one on ones today while in pads.
    And CM3.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Let's see if he can make it through family night and a preseason game before we declare him back.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    And CM3.

...while getting reps at LT. Don't cast it in stone yet that Bakhtiari is the starter at LT,

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

...while getting reps at LT. Don't cast it in stone yet that Bakhtiari is the starter at LT,
    Hadn't read that Bulaga had been on the left. Where did you see it?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Hadn't read that Bulaga had been on the left. Where did you see it?
    Either GBPG or JSO. They mentioned that he beat Peppers twice at his regular RT position, and Matthews once while lining up as a LT. I read a bunch of different articles, but I will see if I can find it. I found it especially noteworthy that Bulaga was taking reps there this early, which indicates that Sherrod might not be solidly in their plans so that Bulaga would have to be the backup on the left, or that they want to do everything to be better than Bakhtiari was last year, either with an improved Bakhtiari or with the 2013 plan of Bulaga on the left.

GBPG:

■ Bulaga had a strong day in one-on-one drills, winning a battle against Clay Matthews while lining up at left tackle and then holding his own against Julius Peppers twice from his usual post at right tackle.
    http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...gles/13299123/

I can certainly see Bulaga ending up at LT - remember that he was handed that position and supposed to be the Pack's week 1 starter there last season.
    Last edited by Guiness; 07-29-2014 at 10:41 AM.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Either GBPG or JSO. They mentioned that he beat Peppers twice at his regular RT position, and Matthews once while lining up as a LT. I read a bunch of different articles, but I will see if I can find it. I found it especially noteworthy that Bulaga was taking reps there this early, which indicates that Sherrod might not be solidly in their plans so that Bulaga would have to be the backup on the left, or that they want to do everything to be better than Bakhtiari was last year, either with an improved Bakhtiari or with the 2013 plan of Bulaga on the left.
    Remember these are just 1-on-1s and I thought I read that they wanted him to go against Clay in the first matchup. Clay rushes from that side so he probably just adjusted his stance and footwork and they went at it. Then back to the right side. Maybe there's more to it, but I personally wouldn't read anything about Sherrod into it at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I can certainly see Bulaga ending up at LT - remember that he was handed that position and supposed to be the Pack's week 1 starter there last season.
    I would find it odd because Barclay is the one who has to be replaced first and that means Bach or Sherrod have to move right as well. Bach spent next to no time on the right last year and Sherrod hasn't since his injury.

And RE: the blurb Patler had, I don't know how you can actually be the left tackle in a one on one drill. Maybe as mission said, it was about the angle and footwork.

They simulate a line of scrimmage, and the O-lineman takes his stance, which is obviously different for an LT than an RT. I have to assume they instructed Bulaga to line up as an LT, otherwise it is a wasted rep for him as to footwork and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I would find it odd because Barclay is the one who has to be replaced first and that means Bach or Sherrod have to move right as well. Bach spent next to no time on the right last year and Sherrod hasn't since his injury.

And RE: the blurb Patler had, I don't know how you can actually be the left tackle in a one on one drill. Maybe as mission said, it was about the angle and footwork.
    Sherrod filled in for Barclay at the end of a game last year. Several articles have said his off season has been as Bulaga's backup, while others have said at LT. I'm not sure what they are doing with Sherrod.

Outlook: Offensive line coach James Campen kept Sherrod at right tackle behind starter Bryan Bulaga the entire offseason. Most backup offensive linemen must play multiple positions, but the Packers want Sherrod to concentrate on a single position given all the time that he has missed because of the broken leg.

Quotable: "The kid looks terrific," Campen said. "The next step for him is to get him into the daily grind, put the pads on and go pound it. That's his next step, but we've been very pleased with where he's come from."

They simulate a line of scrimmage, and the O-lineman takes his stance, which is obviously different for an LT than an RT. I have to assume they instructed Bulaga to line up as an LT, otherwise it is a wasted rep for him as to footwork and everything.
    Do they simulate a LOS? It always looks like one guy versus another guy when I've seen video.
    With Clay lining up on his outside shoulder he would have to be a LT to accommodate that.
    I just don't think there's much to that at all besides it not hurting to get a few reps at a position you were previously a starter at. At least not enough to be an indictment against Sherrod. That's a huge reach there IMO.

Sherrod filled in for Barclay at the end of a game last year. Several articles have said his off season has been as Bulaga's backup, while others have said at LT. I'm not sure what they are doing with Sherrod.
    I think that report is in error because every camp report has Sherrod at LT in the second group and nothing has been remarked about the position switch. Honestly though, there hasn't been much reporting on the exact nature of the 1st and 2nd lines so far because everyone is fixated on Tretter and Lang's injury.

McCarthy did he as going to work at Left Tackle during the offseason. Usually if something goes against Hoyle, you see some mentions of it.

I haven't seen anything about specific plans for Sherrod, but I can imagine either a scenario in which he competes with Bahk, probably backs up since he hasn't really done it with live bullets yet, and can challenge as the season goes on if Bahk doesn't play really well, or a scenario in which McC wants the "five best linemen" on the field, and is trying to see if Sherrod can handle right tackle so he can move Bulaga to left tackle. I think Sherrod struggled with moving to the right his rookie year, but he's grown up since then.

The reports on his one-on-one battles have been bright so far. There are four questions to be answered: can he stay healthy, can he be trusted in game action, can he run block, and can he play both tackle spots?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Sherrod is an LT. His slide step, his natural movement, his size. I think messing around with him anywhere else is foolish.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I thought M3 or Campen said they were going to put him at LT and keep him there for now, with the idea that eventually he'd be able to win the LT outright or learn to play both tackle spots as the backup. The reasoning there was (1) he hasn't played a lot in the last few years and needs to get back into it and (2) they tried him at G and he stunk. They'll want to not mess up his footwork etc. at LT right away, and besides GB declined his option and they want to know what they have in him.

run pMc, I'd like to see them keep Sherrod at LT for now. He hasn't seen live action much at all as a pro, period, and he needs to get reps and learn the system and calls while focusing on one spot. If he looks good, they can teach him the right hand stuff a little later. I agree that this is a huge year for him and the team. I think personally he could still pan out - if he can stay healthy.

We all love what Bahk did, but the guy was no Chad Clifton.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack