Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bryan Bulaga Bulked Up in Rehab

I think Sherrod makes the team as the backup tackle, with Barclay the utility OL swinging inside to G. Linsley is a C but if he can play G at all he'll make the team. I think they'll start Bahk because he did just-ok as a rookie and likely got stronger/better for the experience and has the continuity with Sitton. Sherrod has a lot of rust to shake off.

I also think it will take an injury for Sherrod to see meaningful snaps this season, and they bring him back next year on a modest contract and he really pushes and maybe beats out Bahktiari. (Or they let Bulaga walk, put Bahk at RT and Sherrod at LT...either way, I think he's a year out from being a 16-game starter.)

That seems like a reasonable post. I do think though, if Sherrod stays healthy this year and shows anything much at training camp, he'll go elsewhere next year if the Packers offer only a modest contract. Guys like him are hard to find. If he can get some preseason snaps and stay healthy, I wonder if he can gain the coaches' trust enough for them to start him.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    That seems like a reasonable post. I do think though, if Sherrod stays healthy this year and shows anything much at training camp, he'll go elsewhere next year if the Packers offer only a modest contract. Guys like him are hard to find. If he can get some preseason snaps and stay healthy, I wonder if he can gain the coaches' trust enough for them to start him.
    This is my fear. MM loves to stick with a known commodity. I could potentially see Sherrod outplaying Bahk, but making a couple mental mistakes so MM goes with the gal that brung him and in the process we lose our 1st round talent in the offseason. Bahk goes on to be unremarkable for many seasons.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Specifically Bahk reminds me of TJ Lang playing LT early on. TT said he was very comfortable with TJ at LT, but no one else was buying it.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.