Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Abbrederis has a knee

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Since no one else seems to have said it, word is Abbrederis tore his ACL and is out for the season. :C
    That's probably right. The delay in having an official diagnosis was probably due to waiting for swelling to go down before MRI could be performed.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

And so it starts with the injuries....

Damn shame too. I'm not a U of Wis. fan, but his story was pretty cool and he was one player that I really wanted to watch in pre-season. I'm pretty bummed about this.

Well, if there's one position where the Packers could afford a season-ending injury, it's WR. This will likely affect the return units more than the offense.

Saying an injury by naming the injured part has become very common. Al Michaels does it several times every Sunday Night. For at least three years. Like, its just a thing.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Never want to see a player get injured but at least its not a top player and at a position we have depth at.

Just wait, they will be sure to spread the injuries around.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Say it like you have an IQ above 3

And he does it all the time. Hes so fucking dumb, how none of you can see that, baffles me

I "brain" just thinking about the fact that someone that dumb runs this team
    You think he is dumb? I would gather that there isn't a low IQ amongst head coaches since Madden left the profession.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    You think he is dumb? I would gather that there isn't a low IQ amongst head coaches since Madden left the profession.
    Madden was damn smart. You've seen too many Frank Caliendo bits.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Saying an injury by naming the injured part has become very common. Al Michaels does it several times every Sunday Night. For at least three years. Like, its just a thing.
    Just because it's common doesn't mean it's not irritating. I'm with Red on this one. I'm just waiting for a player to be held out of injury due to a scrotal injury so I can hear McC say "He has a scrotum."

The wide receiver group is deep, sure, but it's early to be losing guys, no? It always seems okay when the first one gets hurt, but then it snowballs. Let us pray that does not happen this year. For once.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Just because it's common doesn't mean it's not irritating. I'm with Red on this one. I'm just waiting for a player to be held out of injury due to a scrotal injury so I can hear McC say "He has a scrotum."

The wide receiver group is deep, sure, but it's early to be losing guys, no? It always seems okay when the first one gets hurt, but then it snowballs. Let us pray that does not happen this year. For once.
    It is a very strange thing. But remember the hoops Holmgren used to jump through to avoid saying "injury". He "tweaked" "bumped" "grabbed" it.

I think they think its either superstition, or the fact that they don't want the team/coach name on an announcement of injury in case it turns out wrong.

The other big problem is inconsistency. McCarthy has more than once offered more detail when he has been in possession of hope that the injury isn't severe. Which is why reporters keep asking.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oh, I think calling an injury "a knee" is tough guy talk. You're saying the minimum to make it sound routine, or not worthy of too much concern or discussion.

When John Wayne takes a bullet, he doesn't complain of severe trauma with rupture of muscle tissue and internal hemorrhaging. No, it's "just a flesh wound, ma'am".

The euphemism that creeped me out was in Gulf War I, General Schwarzkopf would describe casualties to his troops as "people getting hurt." Getting your body mangled by an explosion is not getting hurt. Breaking a bone skiing is getting hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Madden was damn smart. You've seen too many Frank Caliendo bits.
    I was kind of being sarcastic saying that because a guy acts a little stupid doesn't mean he is.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Then why the hell are they letting him run around on it?

"Oh your hammy feels tight? Run it off"
    Well, now we know that he hurt his knee on Wed, but didn't report it to the training staff until Fri morning, so your mentality that the staff is a bunch of morons that sent him back out is invalid...Abbredaris is the moron that went back out on a bad knee.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    It's almost like reporter-speak that he's doing. Reporters don't ask questions, they just say "The fourth quarter" or "the running game" and then expect a detailed response from whomever the statement is addressed to.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

This is what TT gets for drafting a Badger.