Thread: Most Hated Team In The NFL, State By State

Most Hated Team In The NFL, State By State

Packers are most hated in Minnesota. Bears most hated in Wisconsin and Michigan. Those are to be expected. But Vikings most hated in The Dakotas? 49ers most hated in Iowa? Those surprised me.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Jets pretty close to being hated in their own state, looks like they are in Connecticut, New Hampshire, Massachusetts...
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Yeah some of that just doesn't make sense, and some of it is clearly recent stuff, no long term roots - the Niners v. Seahawks, and the Steelers most hated in Arizona and New Mexico? WTF does THAT reflect?

All that hate stuff is basically irrelevant compared to rooting for whoever needs to lose the most to help the Packers - for them to lose, I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Yeah some of that just doesn't make sense, and some of it is clearly recent stuff, no long term roots - the Niners v. Seahawks, and the Steelers most hated in Arizona and New Mexico? WTF does THAT reflect?

All that hate stuff is basically irrelevant compared to rooting for whoever needs to lose the most to help the Packers - for them to lose, I mean.
    I'm guessing Steelers most hated in Arizona and New Mexico because they beat the Cardinals in the Super Bowl.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Hmm, why would the Vikings be most hated in North and South Dakota? The border Minnesota and to the South and East are Nebraska and Iowa, who don't have pro teams. Speaking as a former Iowa resident, there is a hodge podge of fandom there. You can find fans of the Chiefs, Vikings, Bears, Packers and even some St. Louis there. I would think North and South Dakota would be squarely in the Vikings camp, perhaps some Broncos fans in the West.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Hmm, why would the Vikings be most hated in North and South Dakota? The border Minnesota and to the South and East are Nebraska and Iowa, who don't have pro teams. Speaking as a former Iowa resident, there is a hodge podge of fandom there. You can find fans of the Chiefs, Vikings, Bears, Packers and even some St. Louis there. I would think North and South Dakota would be squarely in the Vikings camp, perhaps some Broncos fans in the West.
    N & S Dakota are the fastest growing states in the nation, due to oil industry gains there. These new people are from all over, but most of them are unified in their hate of the pathetic Purple. I love Viking hate myself.

San Fran - Seattle looks like the premier rivalry

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    N & S Dakota are the fastest growing states in the nation, due to oil industry gains there. These new people are from all over, but most of them are unified in their hate of the pathetic Purple. I love Viking hate myself.
    I'll bet you the most popular team in Dakotas is the Vikings. Their hatred is probably spread out among many teams, and the Vikings were just the tallest midget of hatred.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    How about most pitied?

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    How about most pitied?

Gamblin' Rat
    I lived in SD for a while and I think that people hate the Vikings because they get their games shoved down their throats on TV. I remember pretty much having to watch Vikings games for 2 years there. Way before satellite.