Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How Did You Become a Packer Fan?

Monroe has a radio station (or at least the transmitter-WEKZ) that is kinda cool. Its pretty ordinary during the week (oldies/classic rock) but on the weekends you get actual 50's and 60's rock and roll, the stuff you never hear anymore, big band and jazz. Every time I flip through that station on the weekend I am surprised. Its a nice break from the same 20 songs on each of the other stations in Madison.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Monroe has a radio station (or at least the transmitter-WEKZ) that is kinda cool. Its pretty ordinary during the week (oldies/classic rock) but on the weekends you get actual 50's and 60's rock and roll, the stuff you never hear anymore, big band and jazz. Every time I flip through that station on the weekend I am surprised. Its a nice break from the same 20 songs on each of the other stations in Madison.
    Yeah, it's an actual radio station. Not sure exactly how it functions anymore, but we used to have our HS football games and that kind of thing on there (they'd give us the cassette recordings at the end of the year). Sounds like it's still hanging around, that's nice...
    Everyone loves the station in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Dad?! Nah, my Mom and Dad graduated from Fort Atkinson High School together in 1954, and by the time I came along, they already had 3 of their 5 kids and we were living in Edgerton. Long shot question, but I had an Uncle (Marvin Hauser) who taught in the Janesville school system. I can't recall if he was at Craig or not. Did you possibly know him? Great guy, now passed on. He was a tremendous Packer backer.
    I went to Janesville H.S. a year or two before it became Craig. Was Mr. Hauser an Art teacher I vaguely recall the name but that's about all.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    Birth. Born and raised in Monroe, Wisconsin. The home of the Cheesemakers and the 'Swiss Cheese Capitol of the World'!
    Don't forget Huber beer! My family used to stop at Baumgartner's in Monroe when we would travel from Iowa to visit relatives back in Fort Atkinson/Jefferson. We each got to pick out our favorite cheese.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Born in Bellin Hospital, Green Bay. HS classmate of Dom Gentile's son.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I went to Janesville H.S. a year or two before it became Craig. Was Mr. Hauser an Art teacher I vaguely recall the name but that's about all.
    He taught Business Education, Accounting, etc. He retired from teaching in 1986. He was at Craig for 33 years, so he would have been there when you went to school. Small world.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

My Grandpa was a Packers fan from North Dakota. He passed it down to my Dad and his brother. My Grandpa died before I was born. My Dad passed away a couple of weeks ago. I'm glad I was able to experience a couple of Super Bowl titles with my Dad.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    My Grandpa was a Packers fan from North Dakota. He passed it down to my Dad and his brother. My Grandpa died before I was born. My Dad passed away a couple of weeks ago. I'm glad I was able to experience a couple of Super Bowl titles with my Dad.
    Harvey, my condolences to you and family. I'm glad you had those memories to share.