If the question is, is Cobb worth 9 million, I'd have to say probably not quite yet. Even James Jones lead the league in TDs one year, with AR throwing to him. Yes Cobb is having a good year. I'd guess he's probably worth 6.5-8 depending on high escalators (pro bowl, lead league in yards/tds/etc...) to reach the 8 million. Now if the question is, does he leave for under 9 and stays for 9 mil, then we give it to him. The difference between 6.5-8 and 9 is way to close to risk damaging the continuity of the offense.

To me Cobb is different than Jennings and Jones. And I'm not one to hate on Jennings much. But Cobb thinks like a QB, and is on the same page with AR when plays break down many times. Jennings was the precise route runner and had that timing with AR. Although both are able to do the other, these I believe are their strengths. I just think Cobb is the perfect complimentary piece for a great QB and an offense like ours. But he is a complimentary piece none the less. Love me some Cobb and hope he's here to stay for quite some time.