I haven't seen any of training camp but I've read enough of McGinn to know about his tendency toward contrarianism and pot-stirring. I'm not real surprised Cobb's looked unspectacular in practice. He doesn't need to impress the coaches and knowing him is probably focusing his time on more minute parts of his game.

Cobb has always struck me as a really effective, yet somewhat unspectacular player who makes things look easier than they really are. He's not really jukey or shifty like Driver and Jennings were/are, but it seems like every time you look up he just gained about 10 more yards than you thought he did because he's always been really efficient with his movements. Same thing from the backfield. Maybe that's a little vague description but he's elusive in s vague way too. He'll make someone take a bad angle and miss but he seems to do it 5 yards before the contact would have happened rather than at the point so it's not as noticeable or spectacular as even Lacy with a spin move. Not sure what his YPC is but I bet it's really high. In practice with no tackling I can see how he'd look pedestrian but there's not much pedestrian about his football skills or productivity with the ball in his hands.

The only thing that'll keep him from being elite IMO in the upcoming years is health. I'm no doctor but I don't know of any reason why a broken bone would have a permanent or even lasting impact on his quickness or speed. I'm looking at tendencies and saying McGinn's blowing smoke.