Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
vince's link looks familiar

A lot depends on the market this offseason. By cap numbers, Cobb could eclipse Nelson just by just getting a smaller percentage of the cap yielding more dollars for him yearly. But if the expected collapse of the WR market happens, as some are predicting, it might be hard to do better than Jennings did.
Oops my bad pb.

It seems like just about everyone thinks this'll get done one way or another, and I agree. You take all the history about how Thompson recruits, the profiles of players he likes to draft, how he wants to build a team, and just his whole modus operandi and try to encapsulate it in one person... that guy is Randall Cobb. It's really hard to see Ted letting him walk at the ripe old age of 24. I wish he wouldn't let him get to the point of testing his market value, but if he does, Ted will pay it - just like he did with Shields. At that point though you're basically paying top dollar. I think he's worth it but I don't quite understand Thompson's recent tendency toward letting guys he wants to resign get to free agency...