Thread: Will Cobb earn the big contract many are expecting?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    we had a similar discussion during GJ's contract year. Lots of us, myself included, were convinced TT would find a way to keep him and we all know how that worked out.

On the surface, this seems like the same discussion, but from what you all are saying, it seems like a lot of the variables are different.

Thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    we had a similar discussion during GJ's contract year. Lots of us, myself included, were convinced TT would find a way to keep him and we all know how that worked out.

On the surface, this seems like the same discussion, but from what you all are saying, it seems like a lot of the variables are different.

Thoughts?
    One of the biggest variables may be that everyone has the benefit of hindsight to see how that worked out for Jennings. I think it's pretty well understood that Thompson had made Jennings offers that were higher than he ended up getting with the Vikings but he turned them down. Teddy was there with Jennings. It was Jennings who made the fateful decisions. Isn't it too obvious for Cobb to not make the same mistakes Jennings did?

Thoughts?
    Hard to compare this to GJ. It was a 3rd contract for him, and he had some injuries that were starting to look chronic. He did get his rookie contract extended.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Thoughts?
    September 1983

vs

August 1990