Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Worthy traded

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Worthy is a second round draft pick. This is rather quick to give up on that investment. Maybe the guy really stinks, which is a major bad mark for TT. This is lousy news in any event.

bad draft pick
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 37m
    Remember talking to scout before 2012 draft. Called Worthy a "strange guy." True statement, considering he said torn ACL was "bone bruise"

I will never understand picking him. Would have preferred he worked out, but almost glad he is gone.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

OMG! A draft pick didn't work out. Fire TT!

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    And I wouldnt be too quick to hand perry a roster spot at this point either
    Perry will make the team...barring another injury.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Boy, that was not a good draft for TT.

He had an uphill fight to make the roster without being hurt. At this point Guion's likely gone too, which would give Pennel a reasonable shot to make the team.

Best of luck to Worthy, except when GB plays NE.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Mike Daniels and Casey Hayward still make that draft ok with a chance to be good even by TT's standards. First round expectations are gone for me with Perry but even he's still worth his rookie deal paycheck when healthy and has upside.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    He probably wont even pass the physical. Word on the strret is that Worthy needs (lower) spine surgery. Cross those fingers.
    Did someone find his medical records in the dumpster?

I thought he HAD back surgery this offseason?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Didn't like the pick at the time and given he's done nothing and is injured, might as well hope for some pick in return and move on.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Worthy is a second round draft pick. This is rather quick to give up on that investment. Maybe the guy really stinks, which is a major bad mark for TT. This is lousy news in any event.
    I think the injury got the better of him. Docs must not like what they see.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Boy, that was not a good draft for TT.

He had an uphill fight to make the roster without being hurt. At this point Guion's likely gone too, which would give Pennel a reasonable shot to make the team.

Best of luck to Worthy, except when GB plays NE.
    I'd like to know why Guion is still around. Do they have to keep him because he is on the "Non-football injury list?" I would guess not cause they just traded Worthy to the Patriots and he was on the same list.

The def. line is my biggest worry and I'd like to see them bring in a player that has some experience - Jolly would be my preference, but something tells me that if Jolly could play, he'd be here.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    I'd like to know why Guion is still around. Do they have to keep him because he is on the "Non-football injury list?" I would guess not cause they just traded Worthy to the Patriots and he was on the same list.

The def. line is my biggest worry and I'd like to see them bring in a player that has some experience - Jolly would be my preference, but something tells me that if Jolly could play, he'd be here.
    Worthy had made some noise (reading tea leaves of reporters comments) that he was close to ready. All he has to do is pass physical for Patriots to put him on roster, no other hoops to jump through. Guion is still doing rehab workouts.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post

NFI makes it easier to cut a guy because they are not on the hook for an injury settlement. They are keeping him because they want to see what he can bring, and who knows if someone else will get injured at that position. They know what Worthy could bring and knew they were going to cut him. They kept him on NFI so he didn't get injured and wind up on IR.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 33m
    Questions about #Packers' 2012 draft but boy they hit out it of the park in UFA: OL Barclay, S Richardson, WR Boykin, TE Bostick, RB Harris

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 33m
    Questions about #Packers' 2012 draft but boy they hit out it of the park in UFA: OL Barclay, S Richardson, WR Boykin, TE Bostick, RB Harris
    Why do some team win and some teams don't? Both Boykin and Harris were members of the Jacksonville Jaguars before getting cut and signed by the Packers. Harris played in 5 games for Jacksonville in 2011 before being cut in August 2012. Boykin was with Jacksonville for a few days in May 2012 before getting cut.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Mike Daniels and Casey Hayward still make that draft ok with a chance to be good even by TT's standards. First round expectations are gone for me with Perry but even he's still worth his rookie deal paycheck when healthy and has upside.
    Agreed. Jamari Lattimore was a UDFA that year (which I kind of consider part of a team's draft). Not sure who else. I know Sam Shields was a UDFA in 2010.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Worthy passed his physical with the Pats.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Worthy passed his physical with the Pats.
    whoop

here we come, one of the last pics in the draft, get ready

conditional 7th rounder, thats like trading a guy for "past considerations"

so, is this TT's biggest draft bust to date? a second rounder given away 2 years after he was drafted?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    whoop

here we come, one of the last pics in the draft, get ready

conditional 7th rounder, thats like trading a guy for "past considerations"

so, is this TT's biggest draft bust to date? a second rounder given away 2 years after he was drafted?
    Not clear if the chronically injured should count as busts, but if they do then Justin Harrell definitely outweighs Worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Not clear if the chronically injured should count as busts, but if they do then Justin Harrell definitely outweighs Worthy.
    well harrell was chronically injured before we even drafted him. so in my mind, yes, harrell would be the bigger bust

i actually had already forgotten about him