Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Quick Scouting Report on the Bears

A Quick Scouting Report on the Bears

It's early, but here's a few tidbits from the loss to Buffalo:
    1. Cutler is still Cutler. He continues to make the key mistake, as he did today with 2 dumb interceptions.
    2. Matt Forte is the key to their offense. Pay special attention to him, and you can greatly diminish their offense.
    3. Lance Briggs has lost a step. On a defense with poor linebacking, this is disastrous
    4. Jared Allen was invisible in his 1st game as a Bear.
    5. Just like last year, you can run on the Bears - the problems were not addressed (we can relate, I believe!).
    6. Peanut Tillman. like Briggs, showed his age.
    7. Most interesting : Marc Trestman sure seems like a weak head coach. At one point, Brandon Marshall was in his face, screaming at him to throw the challenge flag. After the game, in an interview, he was warbling about "the guys", and "Marty" & "Jay" and "Brandon". A lot of "we have to work on cleaning that up" garbage.
    In short, weak. Deflecting player accountabilty, doing the PC Polka - very touchy-feely.
    I think I am going to greatly enjoy his tenure as coach of our rivals.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Also, WR Jeffrey, WR Marshall, OG Slausen & C Garza were dinged up.

The thing about Da bears, is when you figure they are done for they go on a run. Maybe age and their terrible D is to much to overcome, but Gb better not count on them laying down for them.

If you gotta lose your first game of the season which is worse? Losing on the road to the reigning champs or losing at home to the Buffalo Bills? I woudn't be happy if I were a bare fan.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    The thing about Da bears, is when you figure they are done for they go on a run. Maybe age and their terrible D is to much to overcome, but Gb better not count on them laying down for them.
    So the Bills run for 191 against the Bears and the Bears are going to go on a run; the Pack get gashed for 207 and the season is over.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    So the Bills run for 191 against the Bears and the Bears are going to go on a run; the Pack get gashed for 207 and the season is over.
    Don't forget the Saints, who are way ahead of the Packers according to some of our members, even though they gave up 560 yards to Atlanta today.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Don't forget the Saints, who are way ahead of the Packers according to some of our members, even though they gave up 560 yards to Atlanta today.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Stop it!

According to wist, we have no chance at even being 8-8. Stop bringing up evidence that contradicts this inevitability.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Stop it!

According to wist, we have no chance at even being 8-8. Stop bringing up evidence that contradicts this inevitability.
    Gotta give wist his due. As much of a downer as he can be, I think he figured GB for 10-6 but just not good enough to beat the best.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Gotta give wist his due. As much of a downer as he can be, I think he figured GB for 10-6 but just not good enough to beat the best.
    Season's young. The next three games are crucial for the Pack though. They really need to win two of the next three. Before the year I would have pegged them for 2-2 after four games. Then, they need to make hay going into the game at New Orleans.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

He did? After reading this forum since Thursday we're gonna end up picking first in the 2015 NFL Draft.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    It's early, but here's a few tidbits from the loss to Buffalo:
    1. Cutler is still Cutler. He continues to make the key mistake, as he did today with 2 dumb interceptions.
    2. Matt Forte is the key to their offense. Pay special attention to him, and you can greatly diminish their offense.
    3. Lance Briggs has lost a step. On a defense with poor linebacking, this is disastrous
    4. Jared Allen was invisible in his 1st game as a Bear.
    5. Just like last year, you can run on the Bears - the problems were not addressed (we can relate, I believe!).
    6. Peanut Tillman. like Briggs, showed his age.
    7. Most interesting : Marc Trestman sure seems like a weak head coach. At one point, Brandon Marshall was in his face, screaming at him to throw the challenge flag. After the game, in an interview, he was warbling about "the guys", and "Marty" & "Jay" and "Brandon". A lot of "we have to work on cleaning that up" garbage.
    In short, weak. Deflecting player accountabilty, doing the PC Polka - very touchy-feely.
    I think I am going to greatly enjoy his tenure as coach of our rivals.
    So what you are saying is that after further review, the Bears still suck.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Yeah, but you didn't need nominal observation to come to that conclusion. The Bears sucking is a static truth that the other facts of the universe are derived from.

Yeah, forgot #8
    They suck!

they'll end up 3rd in our division. their d and cutler's brain will insure it.

Sweeping the Bears is the Packers "Super Bowl"...then crushing the Vikings...and then we take Berlin. I could care less about the ruins called Detroit.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Specific record in the end is debatable. I think it will be close to 10-6, I think they will make the playoffs and get dismissed early, or the same thing we've been seeing. I'd be happy to be wrong in that prediction and have the Packers go 15-1, but if we are being real, I'd say that we treated the disease on defense, we did not find the cure. I think the offense will be better than what they were able to do in Seattle.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by mmmdk View Post
    Sweeping the Bears is the Packers "Super Bowl"...then crushing the Vikings...and then we take Berlin. I could care less about the ruins called Detroit.
    I like the way you think but a regular season sweep of the Bears should be the "Playoff Berth". "Packer Super Bowl" has to be reserved for beating them in the playoffs.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmdk View Post
    If the Vikings play D like they did Sunday, it's not going to be easy to crush them.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    If the Vikings play D like they did Sunday, it's not going to be easy to crush them.
    Let's see how they do against a non-3rd string QB first. NE will be a much different test.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!