Thread: Packer Outcasts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Brian Brohm is lighting it up this season, 118.8 passer rating.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    maybe the poster named "Brohm" will feel ok at Packerrats

I see he is here, but under a cloud

lies, damn lies and statistics, eh hoosier?

And now, for the rest of the story: Brohm's numbers on the season are 1/1 for 8yds, 0/0 TD/INTs. I didn't see him throw that pass, but I assume the opportunity came up when Willy, the starter, had to go to the sidelines to tie his shoes.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    lies, damn lies and statistics, eh hoosier?

And now, for the rest of the story: Brohm's numbers on the season are 1/1 for 8yds, 0/0 TD/INTs. I didn't see him throw that pass, but I assume the opportunity came up when Willy, the starter, had to go to the sidelines to tie his shoes.
    There is no time to tie your shoes in Canadian football, if you do that you end up missing an entire series. It looks like Brohm's completion was an eight yard dump-off on 2nd and 10 (NFL equivalent = 3rd and long) late in the fourth quarter with his team leading 45-14. You can laugh at him, but the guy takes advantage of his opportunities. Not his fault that his current team isn't willing to let him shine.

There is no time to tie your shoes in Canadian football, if you do that you end up missing an entire series. It looks like Brohm's completion was an eight yard dump-off on 2nd and 10 (NFL equivalent = 3rd and long) late in the fourth quarter with his team leading 45-14. You can laugh at him, but the guy takes advantage of his opportunities. Not his fault that his current team isn't willing to let him shine.
    So the real mystery is, if he was throwing on 2nd and 10, what happened on first down? He didn't throw the ball, because he doesn't have an incompletion. If it wasn't Willy, then what happened? A run for no gain? Halfback option pass that fell incomplete?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    So the real mystery is, if he was throwing on 2nd and 10, what happened on first down? He didn't throw the ball, because he doesn't have an incompletion. If it wasn't Willy, then what happened? A run for no gain? Halfback option pass that fell incomplete?
    A run got stuffed. Which in itself is amazing, considering that any DC worth his salt would be deploying a two-deep shell against Brohm's laser-like arm.

Well he's still hanging around.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau