Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: This man can hit ! LB Vontaze Burfict...The Meanest Man in College.

This man can hit ! LB Vontaze Burfict...The Meanest Man in College.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...ontaze-burfict

The Meanest Man in College Football: Vontaze Burfict

PUBLISHED Thursday, Jul 28, 2011

"A Pac-12 coach calls Vontaze Burfict “deliciously violent.” An NFL scout calls him “what you get after you kick Ray Lewis’ dog.”
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Seems like he let that article go to his head and seriously regressed last year.
    On the field, things aren't much better. Weight fluctuation throughout his Arizona State career have furthered the idea that he's undisciplined, and his play - which was always highlight-reel worthy but lacking in substance - deteriorated as a junior. Watch any YouTube reel of Burfict's, and you're likely to come away impressed, as he made plenty of big hits in his career. Watch him throughout the course of a game, however, and you'll see those hits as the window dressing distracting from a hot-headed kid who struggles to diagnose plays, isn't particularly instinctual, acts tough but doesn't play tough, and who struggles to take on and shed blocks despite being one of the bigger and more athletic players you'll encounter.

Burfict has also been disastrous in the pre-draft evaluation process, even without considering his poor interviews with teams and with reporters. Even though he got down to 248 pounds for the Combine, Burfict still managed unofficial 40-yard dash times of only 4.93 and 5.09 seconds, and was slightly worse than pedestrian in other athletic tests (specifically jumps) and in field drills. He was no better at his pro day, where he managed just 16 bench press reps, was generally terrible in positional drills, and where he was outshone by several lesser-talented teammates.
    http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012...-buffalo-bills

Some suggest he may not get drafted, but since he has some talent, a late round flyer might be worth it.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Seems like he let that article go to his head and seriously regressed last year.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012...-buffalo-bills

Some suggest he may not get drafted, but since he has some talent, a late round flyer might be worth it.
    Yup...that's Lurker64's position as well MadScientist. See Lurker64's MOCK draft (under construction) and posted yesteday.

Some sites have him ranked very high or 'ready to go' early in the second round.

I've seen him ranked in the Pick #140 - #150 range.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

he sounds Burfict for Detroit...
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

He, in all seriousness, probably has an undiagnosed mental illness. He also played amazingly poorly last year, declared for the draft because he wasn't welcome back at Arizona State (his coaches hated him) and handled the pre-draft process as poorly as I've seen.
    </delurk>

He's either crazy or has the worst agent ever. He cost himself millions of dollars by slipping down from rd. 1 to rd. 5-7

this guy is uncontrollable, and completely insane.

i read in a few places where he screwed up so bad at the combine and at his pro day, that he might go undrafted

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    If he got on some mood control vitamins along with some anti-depressants he might actually be a viable NFL linebacker. Currently he plays the game on and off the field like he has several disorders.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...ontaze-burfict

Burfict has displayed the ability of a first-round prospect, but as an overall package some teams say they won't draft him, period. On the field he flashes excellent instinct and ferocity. He diagnoses and blows up plays with brutish hits, against the run and even as a pass rusher. But he committed so many unnecessary and ill-timed penalties that he was actually kept off the field at times in college. He reportedly even punched a smaller teammate in the locker room.

Last year Burfict led ASU with 68 tackles, but when he failed to make even the conference honorable mention list it was thought that his bad conduct was the reason. At the Combine, scouts wanted questions answered about his maturity and athleticism. He had all the wrong answers. He blamed ASU coaches for his inconsistent 2011 season and then he flopped in workouts, including an unofficial 40-yard time of 5.03 seconds, slowest among linebackers. To be clear, he has the ability to play. It will be interesting to see who gives him a chance and if/how he takes advantage of it.
    He'd probably be a great special teams guy. I just don't know if anyone could tame him though to make him a starter on defense.

No. And this guy will shit up a locker room while he's clamoring to be the starter. There are some people like this, but I'm not sure if it's really a diagnosis, or if it's just extreme cosmetic narcissism and self-centered attitute.

Too bad Al Davis is gone. This guy is perfect Raiders' material.

But the Lions are the new bad guys, so this is their purview now.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201.../10/24/top.50/

Posted: Monday October 24, 2011 1:27PM ; Updated: Monday October 24, 2011 3:22PM

Tony Pauline>INSIDE THE NFL

Midseason Top 50 draft board

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1rjpYsAuP

" 17. David DeCastro, G, Stanford*: DeCastro looks like a man amongst boys most days and is dominant in every aspect of the game. He's been compared to Olin Kreutz, but will be selected much earlier in the draft than the former All Pro.

18. T.J. McDonald, S, USC*: The next top safety from USC, McDonald is a complete player who defends the run and covers the pass. He lacks classic safety size, but his top-notch ball skills intrigue NFL decision-makers.

19. Devon Still, DT, Penn State: The big defensive lineman can play in a variety of systems and is well thought-of in the scouting community.

** 20. Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State*: When on his game, Burfict is a dominant linebacker who outclasses the opposition in all areas. Unfortunately, the junior is also known as a loose cannon on and off the field, which has raised red flags. **

** Comment woodbuck27:

So what happened to this young man to see his draft stock value drop fr. a projected Round 1 prospect all the way down to a Round 4-7?

Is it a mentle disorder or something else all together?

( Vontaze) " Burfict entered the NFL Combine rated as the No. 3 inside linebacker, behind Luke Kuechly and Dont'a Hightower, but his "disappointing" performance—he ran a 5.09 sec in the 40-yard dash, slowest among linebackers—caused some analysts to project him as a third day (Rd. 4-7) draft pick." Wikipedia LINK

21. Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma*: Cool, calm and collected, Landry is a terrific college passer who almost always makes the right decisions on the field. But though the junior is a solid NFL prospect, he's not the can't-miss franchise QB some make him out to be.

22. Devin Taylor, DE-OLB, South Carolina*: Taylor is a gifted prospect who can be a game-changer in the defensive front seven. He's mired in a very mediocre campaign, but can make a big move up boards should he turn it around.

23. Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College*: Kuechly is tough, instinctive and football smart. He's a terrific run defender, but possesses ordinary size and speed, which will undoubtedly hurt his draft stock.

24. Vinny Curry, DE-OLB, Marshall*: Curry thought long and hard about entering the 2010 draft, but ultimately made the proper call and returned for his senior season. He's a dynamic pass rusher who can line up at defensive end in a conventional scheme or play outside linebacker in a 3-4 alignment. " FR. Article
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-11-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    He'd probably be a great special teams guy. I just don't know if anyone could tame him though to make him a starter on defense.
    I don't think he'd want to just play ST and be a backup. Just a train wreck mentally so I don't think he could handle it.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I don't think he'd want to just play ST and be a backup. Just a train wreck mentally so I don't think he could handle it.
    You claim that he's 'a train wreck'. Have you met this man? Know anyone that your TRUST that has met him?

Can you seperate 'fact' from fiction (rumor)? Help me out here as I want to know exactly what happened to this man in something less than 2 years.

I'm assuming from your commentary that you have 'the inside scoop ' on Vontaze Burfect'.

Enlighten me... 'us' please.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Woody, I know you had a rough go around here recently but you aren't being very nice either for jumping all over Cheesehead Craig for stating his opinion.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    You claim that he's 'a train wreck'. Have you met this man? Know anyone that your TRUST that has met him?

Can you seperate 'fact' from fiction (rumor)? Help me out here as I want to know exactly what happened to this man in something less than 2 years.

I'm assuming from your commentary that you have 'the inside scoop ' on Vontaze Burfect'.

Have YOU met him? Do YOU know "the TRUTH"?

I don't appreciate the talking down that you're doing. Does it make you feel like a big man? Go look at the mirror yourself and take a good look at what kind of person you're being here. What about your post was helpful to those here at Packerrats? Say something constructive or else get off my back. If you imagine that I'm impressed or intimidated by your CRAP... you're sadly mistaken.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

This isn't new WB behavior. It's same old same old. But WTF do I know, it's not like I've been here since the start and observe this shit.

Anyway, taking a flier on this guy with a free 7th round pick is fine I suppose. He doesn't seem to be a good locker room guy so it wont happen.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

As a matter of fact, I do know a guy - my cousin in New Jersey - who has a friend whose daughter attends Arizona State. Her roommate's best friend (who by the way is related to the Ben-Gals' Sarah Jones) dated Burfict a few times. It turns out he has a slight, pea-sized brain tumor, which presses on his medial-frontal cortex when he doesn't take his tumor-shrinking medication. This alone, however, does not account for his erratic behavior - or so his neurologist has apparently told him, at least according to the roommate's best friend. She also said even when on his meds, he would sometimes strip naked during a full moon and run the concrete steps at Sun Devil Stadium. She also said his penis flopped crazily around, glinting in the moonlight, and Burfict would curse like a sailor, swearing he was going to punch the student-assistant in the kidneys for not bringing him his water quickly enough during breaks and for not participating in the team sing-along after the first practice.

My cousin's friend's daughter's roommate's best friend also says that Burfict is as erratic in the back seat of a car as he is on a football field. Shooting off his mouth is not the only thing he does too quickly, she says.

So there ya go. The inside scoop.

KYPack

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Fritz for restoring order!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Have YOU met him? Do YOU know "the TRUTH"?

I don't appreciate the talking down that you're doing. Does it make you feel like a big man? Go look at the mirror yourself and take a good look at what kind of person you're being here. What about your post was helpful to those here at Packerrats? Say something constructive or else get off my back. If you imagine that I'm impressed or intimidated by your CRAP... you're sadly mistaken.

Well played.