Thread: Sherrodhouse

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    McGinn's assessment of Sherrod after his rookie season:

"He needs a ton of technique work along with greater urgency in his approach. He's still a long way away. Grade: F."

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    McGinn's assessment of Sherrod after his rookie season:
    That seems overly harsh. I didn't see F play from him even in the rookie year. But I did not watch him in practice.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    That seems overly harsh. I didn't see F play from him even in the rookie year. But I did not watch him in practice.
    I don't know, it seems to me that a guy who couldn't outplay Newhouse probable earned the "F".

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I don't know, it seems to me that a guy who couldn't outplay Newhouse probable earned the "F".
    I have always wondered about that. He was clearly a better pass blocker on the right side than Newhouse and neither was a lights out run blocker. That would have been during his snaps after injuries struck others.

His practices must not have been good. However, I don't remember most of his end of game snaps at Left Tackle he got during the competition with Newhouse. Those might have looked worse.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    However, I don't remember most of his end of game snaps at Left Tackle he got during the competition with Newhouse. Those might have looked worse.
    I remember completely falling of the Sherrod bandwagon (if I was ever on it) when he split time at LT with Newhouse against Oakland. I didn't remember the details, other than he had played a lot, until a reread an article now. He played the entire second half and a series in the first half. Newhouse had been struggling and inconsistent, it was almost the end of the season, and I hoped the physically big 1st round draft choice would show he had the talent to be given the chance. MM and Newhouse both said the two tackles had split time in practice for several weeks, and both knew that a "competition" was coming in a game. Both knew (or expected) it would be against Oakland. When all was said and done, MM basically said the next week that the competition was over, and they would stick with Newhouse the rest of the year.

That was why I have been surprised when some have recalled Sherrod being better at the end of the season. He was given a golden opportunity and couldn't take advantage. So, he improved but was still worse than Newhouse???????