Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sherrodhouse

I'm not listening to any "he'll get better" talk. He's not new to the offensive tackle position. He is not athletic enough to play in NFL, I won't believe it is technique.

That said, he's only the 4th best OT on the team. I expect there is a shortage of talent at offensive tackle, every team probably has similarly crappy backups on their roster. Think how difficult it must be for a big man to keep up with those speed rushers.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    You can't be an NFL LT and have an inability to handle speed rushers.
    Was Clifton wonderful in his first game against a D like that?

The fan club expects marked improvement from Week 1 to Week 2. If he isn't replaced by the ghost of Bruce Wilkerson on Tuesday.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

This season is a lost cause so it really doesn't matter if Sherrod plays or not.

Usually things aren't as good or bad as they seem, but In the case of Sherrod, I think he's every bit as bad as he seems. It's all he's ever been, bad, horrible, not serviceable. UGH!!!! Painful to watch that dud!!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Newhouse >>> Derelict Shitrod
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    It doesn't take an all-pro to make Sherry look bad. Michael Sam ran by him too.

Don Barclay, wherefore art though Don Barclay?

Let's just hope Bulaga isn't out long.

I saw more from the kid they have on the Practice Squad, Vujnovich, then I did from Sherrod. Bring him up

Not a bad call Pitt. Sherry looks bad against mediocre bad guys let alone studs....get him the fuck out of there! Sherry shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Cliffy.
    C.H.U.D.

Bulaga - torn MCL
    Go PACK

What did the Packer's do to help Sherrod in that game? He is coming in cold to play against an outstanding defensive line from the SB champions.

I didn't see a RB or TE on that side to help chip the end.
    They didn't seem to roll coverage to his side to help.
    The play-calling didn't look like it was adjusted much.

I'm not making excuses for poor play, but just about any backup tackle in the league would have struggled in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Bulaga - torn MCL
    Whew, that's a relief. I remember Marco Rivera played with a torn MCL one season.

May not even need surgery.

could mean anything, all we know for sure is Bulaga has a knee

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    What did the Packer's do to help Sherrod in that game? He is coming in cold to play against an outstanding defensive line from the SB champions.

I didn't see a RB or TE on that side to help chip the end.
    They didn't seem to roll coverage to his side to help.
    The play-calling didn't look like it was adjusted much.

I'm not making excuses for poor play, but just about any backup tackle in the league would have struggled in that situation.
    Sherrod had since the Rams game to work on dealing with speed rushers. Ever since Sam outed his weakness. He failed to fix his problems and the Packers paid for it. Scheming would have helped, but the Packers never seem to make in-game adjustments for when a player goes out with an injury. If he hadn't made the exact same mistakes in preseason, I might be more inclined to say it was from being cold and going against a stud. But with repeated failures, it looks more like he can't mentally or physically adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    could mean anything, all we know for sure is Bulaga has a knee
    That's the problem. He needs two knees to play.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    LOL. Dude is horrible.
    been sayinnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    been sayinnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    He is as horrible as Bulaga was in his first trip to that environment.

The Packers did help him in the second half by putting the TE on his side.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Ya, Clifton was, pretty much. That was the year of the failed experiment having Wahle at LT. He was awful. By game #4, Clifton the rookie was coming in and playing a lot, and by game #7 he was the starter. His pass protection was solid from the start.

I have been willing to give Sherrod the benefit of the doubt, but his grace period is running out. Yes, he and the other rookies were shortchanged in 2011 by having no off season, and yes, his broken leg kept him on the sidelines for two more off seasons. On the other hand, he had a month of training camp as a rookie (much of it at guard) and 16 weeks of practice and games as a rookie before breaking his leg. He had another 8 weeks of practice last year during the season, and some game exposure. He had a full off season this year.

Time to become a player. Unfortunately, he doesn't look any different than he did as a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Time to become a player. Unfortunately, he doesn't look any different than he did as a rookie.
    That is the disappointing part. He looks like he has recovered to his rookie form and that is it. Maybe slightly less. He did not seem to have trouble getting into his sets with a kick step as a rook. Now he never looks settled. Its like Gary Brown is out there trying to decide where to setup shop.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He is as horrible as Bulaga was in his first trip to that environment.

The Packers did help him in the second half by putting the TE on his side.

heck I don't even remember when bulaga played there the first time. fluffy is junk though; he just played how I figured he would

once bulaga left the running game seemed to go into the shitter as well cause he's a solid run blocker

when healthy I think bb would be our second best ol
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?