Thread: ""ELIOTT PLAYS BIG"........BUT........does he make our team

Blog Entries

""ELIOTT PLAYS BIG"........BUT........does he make our team

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...271781681.html

Dude ain't going through waivers.....but who does he make it in front of ?

Mulomba ?
    Perry ?

MAKE YOUR CALL
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Mulumba is the annual UDFA OLB who couldn't elevate his game the 2nd year.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Vic So'to started it.

How many OLB's do they generally keep? Let's see, there's Matthews, Peppers, Neal, Perry, Palmer, Mulumba, Elliot, Hubbard,and Bradford, correct?

Perry is still relatively cheap this year; I think they'll keep him and see if he can prove he's a player. I think they'll try to sneak Hubbard on the practice squad. I believe that Bradford's going to end up being cut, and that it's going to come down to Mulumba or Elliot.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Definitely not Perry but maybe Mulumba. One of these UFA OLB's has to be more than a one year wonder right? The search reminds me of our past quest for a decent punter.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Go on utube and search around for some tape of Elliot... it all looked the same to me.

Looks the part, size/speed, long arms, length, looks like he can get the corner if he used any technique whatsoever... but that's just it, he didn't use his hands well, he didn't hustle or chase down the line, he had trouble anchoring b/c of how ineffective he was with his hands, etc, etc...

Maybe the light has gone on, and he's been coached up, and his natural talent is coming forth; but from what I saw, he looked like a major project.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Go on utube and search around for some tape of Elliot... it all looked the same to me.

Looks the part, size/speed, long arms, length, looks like he can get the corner if he used any technique whatsoever... but that's just it, he didn't use his hands well, he didn't hustle or chase down the line, he had trouble anchoring b/c of how ineffective he was with his hands, etc, etc...

Maybe the light has gone on, and he's been coached up, and his natural talent is coming forth; but from what I saw, he looked like a major project.
    Kevin Greene is gone. If suddenly a project type got coached up, is it an indictment on him?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Kevin Greene is gone. If suddenly a project type got coached up, is it an indictment on him?
    I've wondered the same thing.

Greenie was a true superstar player, I wonder if he didn't have a huge bag of tricks to teach the boys. KG was super strong and quick, espec with his hands. Maybe he'd show 'em but didn't know how to train them to be violent with the hands.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    They've had projects make the team before, but they're gone the following year replaced by the newest project. So it will take some time to tell if there's anything new here.

2013: Andy Mulumba
    2012: Dezman Moses
    2011: Vic So'oto
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Mulumba showed ability though... he's green as grass, but he showed burst and power. If he can be coached up - we could have something in Mulumba.

Would rather keep Mulumba than Brad Jones or Jarret Bush.
    wist

Don't know about Elliot. Looks awesome against backups. I kind of think we needed to see him against at least #2's though. I like his general game. He might just stick over palmer and the draft pick.

Don't forget 2010: Frank Zombo

And before him there was Walden, but he wasn't a UDFA.

Elliot has a lot of length and he seems to be able to use it for leverage.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Matthews/Peppers obviously. I thought Perry and Neal looked decent tonight; I think both stay. I'd say Elliot and Mulumba make the team, and Bradford goes despite his high draft status. Damn shame they didn't play him at ILB. I thought they would tonight. Palmer played with the scrubs - he's good as gone. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Hubbard playing ILB tonight? I wish they'd find a way to keep him, but I doubt it. Hawk/Jones/Lattimore/Barrington at ILB. The only one I can get at all excited about is Barrington. That would be 10 LBs total - 11 if Hubbard stays - a helluva a lot, maybe too much.

Maybe not, if Brad Jones' knee injury is as bad as it looked. He could be out for anywhere from 4 weeks to the entire season....

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Maybe not, if Brad Jones' knee injury is as bad as it looked. He could be out for anywhere from 4 weeks to the entire season....
    I'll resist the temptation to say "good" - and ditto that with Raji's arm. They are Packers after all, and I'd never wish them ill. However, in both cases, the team would likely be better off if they were IRed or cut. Jones didn't look that bad off to me, though.

Blog Entries

I'd like them to keep Bradford and give him a shot; Jones getting hurt.....again....could b a blessing
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    I've wondered the same thing.

Greenie was a true superstar player, I wonder if he didn't have a huge bag of tricks to teach the boys. KG was super strong and quick, espec with his hands. Maybe he'd show 'em but didn't know how to train them to be violent with the hands.
    Often great players like Greene don't make great coaches because the game came so easy for them and they wonder why their students can't pick it up as quickly as they did.

Don't forget 2010: Frank Zombo

And before him there was Walden, but he wasn't a UDFA.
    He isn't Zombo. Walden maybe, but not as stout more explosive. Walden's problems were mental.

Yeah agreed wrt Zombo. Wish he couldve panned out. What a football name..