Thread: Jclombardi's Packers vs Rams Game Review & Commentary

Jclombardi's Packers vs Rams Game Review & Commentary

I thought your review looked pretty thoughtful. Glad that you spotted good game from Taylor on O-line.

Then I got to wondering who "Legendary senior writer, Packers lead blogger & NFC North featured columnist jclombardi" might be.
    Google says JC Lombardi is a surfer in Chile. That sounds right. But then I read this:
    http://lambeaufieldinsider.com/artic...ere-commentary

The review just feels like a rehash of the PFF review, complete with stats from PFF.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi Tophat!!

The review goes over more players than most things I've read. The biggest problem is using the PFF scores, because even if they are a valid assessment, how they come up with them seems like voodoo calculated from witchcraft. At least with QB rating (not the QBR which is also voodoo) what goes into the magic formula is perfectly understandable. For instance you take exception to the JS article about the smaller line holding up against the run, seemingly based on PFF scores, but if those scores are due mostly to a lack of pressure, the JS article could still be valid.

Also some minor blog technical glitches, the page http://lambeaufieldinsider.com/artic...od-bad-ugly--2 has a 2025 date so it is always showing up as the most recent post, and both versions 3 and 4 of your 2011-12 draft evaluation pages are in blog list.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Hi Tophat!!
    http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...LS-PACKER-RATS!

People just don't commit like they used to.

Lot's of posters on that thread have found better uses of their time though.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Wow that thread was hilarious right up til the end when I totally regretted the click-through.
    Partial's "I don't get it" almost made it worthwhile but no dice.

I had completely forgotten about that thread. Glad to see his practice of "original" materials still holds strong.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Sheesh hold a grudge Zool.

We should feel privileged that a plagiarist with JC's credentials and fame would deem us worthy to consume their craft.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Sheesh hold a grudge Zool.

We should feel privileged that a plagiarist with JC's credentials and fame would deem us worthy to consume their craft.

The threads are starting to merge.

I remember and respect Top Hat about as much as I do "Up With People".

I agree with the lone comment afterwards - what was so ugly about the D line in that game??

Whoa ... Whoa ... Whoa

Was GrnBay007 really Tank/Anti-Polar Bear? Did Rand have that right?

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...l=1#post165683

EDIT: FALSE ALARM I THINK. Elsewhere in the post Rand refers back to Mazzin's pregnancy scare thread. Thought I missed something there.

And the thread ends with GOATSE, which is entirely appropriate (if you do not know what it is, do not Google it esp. not at work or school).

The Internet. A cry for attention and then an objection to the kind of attention paid. Over and over again.
    Last edited by pbmax; 08-21-2014 at 04:16 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I don't know but I remember Snake hitting on GrnBay007 a lot.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

So did Bretsky. He would be upset if his Grailee flirting was with Tank.