Thread: Official Gameday Thread 8-22-14, yet another game against some other team that doesn't matter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You've hit on my pet peeve. Instead of understanding that fans want to focus on who's going to make the team and which players need to perform well, the announcers act like it's the usual regular season game, come up with a pre-determined storyline (Reggie Mckenzie vs. Ted Thompson, James Jones vs. Sam Shields, Rodgers vs. Woodson, I'm guessing) instead of telling us that, say, Sean Richardson came into the game ahead of Clinton-Dix, or that Perry is playing with the first-team defense for six snaps.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    You've hit on my pet peeve. Instead of understanding that fans want to focus on who's going to make the team and which players need to perform well, the announcers act like it's the usual regular season game, come up with a pre-determined storyline (Reggie Mckenzie vs. Ted Thompson, James Jones vs. Sam Shields, Rodgers vs. Woodson, I'm guessing) instead of telling us that, say, Sean Richardson came into the game ahead of Clinton-Dix, or that Perry is playing with the first-team defense for six snaps.
    Now you're pissing me off. You left out CJ Wilson vs. TJ Lang.

Preemptive obligatory response.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Just got a new android and will try to update players during the game for you guys.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    It works. Now let's see at Lambeau.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    It works. Now let's see at Lambeau.
    How are conditions?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.