Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Official Gameday Thread 8-22-14, yet another game against some other team that doesn't matter

Maybe he had a cramp and they just held him out to make sure it didn't turn into something worse. To me it looked like he'd sprained his knee.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Oh Oh.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 8m
    Saw #Packers NT B.J. Raji with a large bag of ice wrapped around his right biceps. He left out the back way and did not comment.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4m
    That's the $64M question RT @jeffnc1: @TomSilverstein wonder if he has a torn bicep?

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2m
    McCarthy on B.J. Raji's arm injury: "You have an initial exam. B.J., he’s pretty confident about it. That’s why you do the tests." #Packers
    Soooooo......he's done for the year?

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Soooooo......he's done for the year?
    Sure doesn't sound good. Even M3 made it sound like Raji was the only one who thought it was not serious.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    No Phil, DuJuan Harris didn't look anything like Eddie Lacy there.
    Except maybe his hair...

Nope. There is nothing to be gained from attempting 34 yd PATs when you won't be doing it in the regular season is my bet.

Plus the Seahawks need to be ready for 2 point conversions all the time.
    I'm thinking MM wanted more snaps for the O instead of PATs in this situation. I doubt we'll be doing this in the regular season.

yeah. Feet and positioning looks worlds better. Between the game footage and the Campen quote about worries about speed on turf, I think both backup tackles let the Rams speed get into their heads.

He is still not lock down, but he has been in position.

Bach, as bobble has pointed out, has some whiffs occasionally. Sherrod is still behind but its not a gulf of difference. Sherry needs lots of snaps.
    On another Packer I said Sherrod is technically a rookie and got blasted for it. Yes, all he really needs are snaps. Bach looks better because he started so many games last week. Last week Derek had issues but he looked much better last night.

Sherrod Play 19 no idea where he was

CBS has to get Andrew Luck a new photo for the preview.
    Yes, that is a nasty picture but unless he doesn't smile that's about as good as he is gonna look.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    On another Packer I said Sherrod is technically a rookie and got blasted for it. Yes, all he really needs are snaps. Bach looks better because he started so many games last week. Last week Derek had issues but he looked much better last night.
    He is probably past rookie, but is definitely in his second year.

Rookie: No off season (lockout), shortened camp (by about 10-15% with lockout), plus majority camp at Guard, got into 5 games before being hurt in Game #14

Second Year: zero

Third Year: PUP, activated to roster on Nov 5, 2013, on roster for 7 games, played a very limited number of snaps

Fourth Year: First full offseason, second (and first full) camp. All time at Tackle.

My only concern with last night's game was that it was the Raiders. Their Defense has some talent, but its not quite the Rams. Perry is even harder to judge, Raiders have completely rebuilt their O line.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Thunder Dan: Did Chuck Woodson get a cheer?
    PB-

Wood got a special announcement as the Raiders were coming onto the field. I said to my wife, that will be the only visiting team that get's cheered when coming on the field all year. The announced him again in the 2nd half and put him up on the jumbotrons. They did the same for James Jones a little later and he got a good round of applause also.

The wifi at Lambeau sucks. I tried to post but it took so long to upload that the website would kick me out.

We had a lot of the action on the south end zone last night. Jordy's TD was right in front of us.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

No shit the wifi sucks... there are 15,000 people all using it at once! ;P

Mark Cuban was on a panel at one of the sports analytic conferences and one of the questions considered was about fan experience and making it interactive (real time stats, fantasy updates, guess the play call, player of the game, etc.). Everyone was positive until Cuban spoke up (this was mid to late aughts) about the difficulty and cost of wi-fi for everyone at a basketball arena.

How much throughput you need to sustain to make it work for the majority and the technological challenge of making it happen was something not often mentioned he thought.

But in other forums, he has clearly stated another reason to resist full scale implementation. He doesn't want to take more eyeballs off the event. He claims that fans go to the phone only when bored. I think this is a cousin of the oldster complaint that no one witnesses events anymore, they are recording or photographing the event they will watch later.

I don't buy the complaint for two reasons; one, not everyone is doing it and two, Super 8 film and Nikon cameras didn't cause people to be shut-ins and neither will smart phones.

My money is that the real reason teams haven't gone whole hog on stadium wide, reliable, high-throughput wi-fi is that they have not figured out how to realize revenue for it yet. Why disturb the money making apple cart just to provide another bell and whistle? Once they can drive revenue through it, it will happen.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Why use the WiFi? The entire Green Bay area is 4G-LTE! F the WiFi.

Yeah. Having a nice enough connection at a stadium for everyone to have reasonable wireless data speeds would be quite an expense, especially when you consider that it would be unused for the overwhelming majority of the calendar year.