Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Gameday Thread 8-22-14, yet another game against some other team that doesn't matter

Official Gameday Thread 8-22-14, yet another game against some other team that doesn't matter

have at it

On CBS, no less.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    have at it
    Hey, Red, you stole the thread title from a Cleveland Browns regular-season thread, dincha?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    On CBS, no less.
    Do we get Packers announcers or CBS announcers? I have had to sit through two preseason games (as shown on NFL network) with commentators that pay no attention to what the Packers are actually doing throughout the game.

You've hit on my pet peeve. Instead of understanding that fans want to focus on who's going to make the team and which players need to perform well, the announcers act like it's the usual regular season game, come up with a pre-determined storyline (Reggie Mckenzie vs. Ted Thompson, James Jones vs. Sam Shields, Rodgers vs. Woodson, I'm guessing) instead of telling us that, say, Sean Richardson came into the game ahead of Clinton-Dix, or that Perry is playing with the first-team defense for six snaps.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    You've hit on my pet peeve. Instead of understanding that fans want to focus on who's going to make the team and which players need to perform well, the announcers act like it's the usual regular season game, come up with a pre-determined storyline (Reggie Mckenzie vs. Ted Thompson, James Jones vs. Sam Shields, Rodgers vs. Woodson, I'm guessing) instead of telling us that, say, Sean Richardson came into the game ahead of Clinton-Dix, or that Perry is playing with the first-team defense for six snaps.
    Now you're pissing me off. You left out CJ Wilson vs. TJ Lang.

Preemptive obligatory response.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Guys I'll be watching the most: Jeff Janis, Mike Pennel, Jayrone Elliott, Jumal Rolle. I think these guys can all win roster spots with a good final two weeks.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I'm focusing on Bahk, Sherrod, and Pennel....might give Elliot the once over as well.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Do we get Packers announcers or CBS announcers? I have had to sit through two preseason games (as shown on NFL network) with commentators that pay no attention to what the Packers are actually doing throughout the game.
    I suspect we'll get the CBS announcers. I agree with you, it was painful to have to sit thru the first 2 preseason games and listen to announcers who talked all the time but didn't tell you squat. Those clowns hardly ever told you who made the freaking tackle for crying out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Guys I'll be watching the most: Jeff Janis, Mike Pennel, Jayrone Elliott, Jumal Rolle. I think these guys can all win roster spots with a good final two weeks.
    Plus Sherrod, Tretter, Flynn and Tolzien.

What day is the first cut-down to 75?

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Obligatory game day post.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Leaving in 30 minutes to head up to the game. Really excited to see Datone Jones and the D hopefully play well.

Finally get to wear my Lacy jersey.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Just got a new android and will try to update players during the game for you guys.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    It works. Now let's see at Lambeau.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    If the delay doesn't drive you crazy, turn the sound down and turn on the radio for McCarren and Laravie.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    have at it
    I live around a ton of raiders fans. Got my Packers polo on today at work and talking trash (preseason level).

Don't fuck this up Red...

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Plus Sherrod, Tretter, Flynn and Tolzien.

What day is the first cut-down to 75?
    August 26 3 ET.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    I live around a ton of raiders fans. Got my Packers polo on today at work and talking trash (preseason level).

Don't fuck this up Red...
    yeah yeah

its not my fault you got all cocky and talked up a pre season game to your fellow field workers

Anyone with a link?

Quote Originally Posted by packers11 View Post
    Anyone with a link?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen