Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Gameday Thread 8-22-14, yet another game against some other team that doesn't matter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sherrod Play 13 run blocking like madman. Got turned a little but didm;t lose guy. Harris squeaks by for good gain

Sherrod Play 14 crash down pass block on screen. Missed guy who sidestepped it. Didn't prevent anything but scramble
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Sherrod Play 15 guy vacates for blitz, Sherrod blocks down well

Sherrod Play 16 run block on run to his side. Didn't drive him anyway but maintained.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Sherrod Play 17 Pass block on wide rush. Stays wide and catches guy inside. Decent play

Sherrod Play 18 locks up DE and stymies him

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Sherrod Play 17 Pass block on wide rush. Stays wide and catches guy inside. Decent play

Sherrod Play 18 locks up DE and stymies him
    Sherrod looks okay, no? A little mechanical on running plays, but no major flaws tonight.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Sherrod looks okay, no? A little mechanical on running plays, but no major flaws tonight.
    yeah. Feet and positioning looks worlds better. Between the game footage and the Campen quote about worries about speed on turf, I think both backup tackles let the Rams speed get into their heads.

He is still not lock down, but he has been in position.

Bach, as bobble has pointed out, has some whiffs occasionally. Sherrod is still behind but its not a gulf of difference. Sherry needs lots of snaps.

yeah. Feet and positioning looks worlds better. Between the game footage and the Campen quote about worries about speed on turf, I think both backup tackles let the Rams speed get into their heads.

He is still not lock down, but he has been in position.

Bach, as bobble has pointed out, has some whiffs occasionally. Sherrod is still behind but its not a gulf of difference. Sherry needs lots of snaps.
    On another Packer I said Sherrod is technically a rookie and got blasted for it. Yes, all he really needs are snaps. Bach looks better because he started so many games last week. Last week Derek had issues but he looked much better last night.

Crosby has been everywhere with his kickoffs. Long, short, out of bounds.

Pennel plays like a kid who cares a lot.

I agree pb. He seems to play with a lot of intensity. Really like what I've seen from him so far.

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    I agree pb. He seems to play with a lot of intensity. Really like what I've seen from him so far.
    Its weird because unmotivated was one of the things his college teams called him.

Sherrod Play 19 no idea where he was

CBS has to get Andrew Luck a new photo for the preview.

Sherrod Play 19 no idea where he was

CBS has to get Andrew Luck a new photo for the preview.
    Yes, that is a nasty picture but unless he doesn't smile that's about as good as he is gonna look.

Sherrod Play 20 Right tackle. No much movement on run play behind him.

Sherrod Play 21 pass block his guy leaks out for coverage he guards against blitz and keeps DT from going wide

Sherrod Play 22 pass block well, holds guy WAY out

Tiller is a very large man at Guard.

Sherrod Play 23 pass block. Gets roughed up by bull rush but keeps QB clean on completion

Sherrod Play 24 run block, loses punch but long arms keep him connected and RB gets first.

Sherrod Play 25 catches guy in pass pro on inside rush, no probs

Sherrod Play 26 run block seals guy inside for run, his man doesn't get to make hit

Sherrod Play 27 backside cut block and gets guy on ground nicely run away from him

Tolzien looks pretty legit

Sherrod Play 28 pass pro on screen pass, catches wide rusher well

Sherrod Play 29 pass pro on stunt. He and new LG sort out a stunt nicely and keep ST clean

Sherrod Play 30 pass pro works out fine on 2 point attempt

Hope it's for real, because that's just the opposite of his reputation up until this year.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen