Thread: Flynn or Tolzien?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    tolzien looks good this preseason going against other teams 2nd and 3rd stringers. he looked like hell last year playing in games that mattered up against real players

flynn on the other hand looked good last year against real players, but has looked like hell against 2nd and 3rd stringers in preseason

i know what kind of backup flynn is, tolzien still scares me based on last year
    I don't think Flynn looked good in general. He looked good in one sense. He did not throw the ball to the other team. Without looking it up, I think what he did better than Tolzien was not throw interceptions. That is good, but very limited.

If Tolzien has worked that out and become more careful, then he is superior in all respects. I agree though, perhaps not until he gets first half snaps next week, we might not know whether that will hold against starters.

Aaron Nagler blew up on Twitter at the idea that Flynn was outplayed. He castigated the team for playing Janis while Flynn was on the field. But Janis was a key reason Flynn looked good last week.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I don't think Flynn looked good in general. He looked good in one sense. He did not throw the ball to the other team. Without looking it up, I think what he did better than Tolzien was not throw interceptions. That is good, but very limited.

If Tolzien has worked that out and become more careful, then he is superior in all respects. I agree though, perhaps not until he gets first half snaps next week, we might not know whether that will hold against starters.

Aaron Nagler blew up on Twitter at the idea that Flynn was outplayed. He castigated the team for playing Janis while Flynn was on the field. But Janis was a key reason Flynn looked good last week.
    But that was a real bad pick Matt threw last night after we got a turnover.