Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Raji's Season Might Be In Trouble

Yes Packers drafted Boyd. Author confused either Packers with Bears and Boyd wih Houston or Raiders with Vikings and Boyd with Guion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I can't help but wonder what will become of Raji moving forward. From what I've read you don't always recover power with a torn biceps. He'll be 29 before next season starts, coming off injury and an awful year before that. If Boyd/Pennel show improvement, you'd imagine the Packers would move forwards with them.
    His best hope is a vet minimum with some performance bonuses. I can't see anyone offering him much more.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I can't help but wonder what will become of Raji moving forward. From what I've read you don't always recover power with a torn biceps. He'll be 29 before next season starts, coming off injury and an awful year before that. If Boyd/Pennel show improvement, you'd imagine the Packers would move forwards with them.

Talk about playing your cards wrong in turning down that 5 year/40M deal or whatever exactly it was.

For all the celebrating over his injury, I'm really worried about the middle of the line now. I think Raji was poised for a big year. Pennel has looked good so far, but there's a reason it takes DL 2-3 years to reach their potential.
    I wonder if we'll give him a similar contract he just signed with us again next season. He wasn't in high demand and now he's coming off an injury so I doubt he'll be in demand in 2015 either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I wonder if we'll give him a similar contract he just signed with us again next season. He wasn't in high demand and now he's coming off an injury so I doubt he'll be in demand in 2015 either.
    I will be surprised if he gets that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I will be surprised if he gets that much.
    Yeah, there's no way anyone signs him for $4M/yr. Also, my guess is Raji doesn't sign a one year deal either. My guess is 2y/$4M with another $1M in incentives (assuming he checks out physically). Until this injury he was playing full seasons and camp reports indicated he was looking as good as ever back at NT. Whether TT brings him back depends on how the D plays without him, and especially if Boyd/Pennel/Guion can take over.

It's a blow to the DL but not so bad they can't recover. They will need Raji's replacements to stay healthy, which might be asking a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    NT is Raji's position. I think it is a big loss, at least Raji had potential to return to form at NT.
    This is 'a TRUE STATEMENT'.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau