Thread: Raji's Season Might Be In Trouble

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Is there a snowballs chance in hell of TT working a trade for a DT/DL? Obviously with cut downs coming is there anyone we should target for the DL? Really worried about the loss of Raji....
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Is there a snowballs chance in hell of TT working a trade for a DT/DL? Obviously with cut downs coming is there anyone we should target for the DL? Really worried about the loss of Raji....
    I'm hoping Boyd, Pennell and Guion can overcome the loss of Raji.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I'm hoping Boyd, Pennell and Guion can overcome the loss of Raji.
    No, they won't overcome the loss of Raji. Those guys aren't as good as Raji, so the defense has been weakened. Platoons never replace a superior player, IMO.

But of course Raji wasn't going to play every down anyway, and he did have a down year in 2013.

Bill Scott said today that he thought Raji looked better in camp this summer than he's shown his whole pro career, both in terms of play and conditioning. Maybe the lack of free agency interest, plus the move to full time nose guard, lit a fire. Or maybe he would have another year like 2013. We'll never know.

I'm bummed by Raji not getting another shot this season, I had high hopes for some reason. But this is what it is to be a packer fan, this shit happens constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    No, they won't overcome the loss of Raji. Those guys aren't as good as Raji, so the defense has been weakened. Platoons never replace a superior player, IMO.

But of course Raji wasn't going to play every down anyway, and he did have a down year in 2013.

Bill Scott said today that he thought Raji looked better in camp this summer than he's shown his whole pro career, both in terms of play and conditioning. Maybe the lack of free agency interest, plus the move to full time nose guard, lit a fire. Or maybe he would have another year like 2013. We'll never know.

I'm bummed by Raji not getting another shot this season, I had high hopes for some reason. But this is what it is to be a packer fan, this shit happens constantly.
    But perhaps those 3 can soften the blow of losing Raji collectively. We all better hope so.