Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Raji's Season Might Be In Trouble

Raji's Season Might Be In Trouble

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 34m
    #Packers DT BJ Raji has tests today on his upper arm he injured last night. He was optimistic last night. But not a lot of optimism now.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 25m
    #Packers DT BJ Raji, playing on a one-year deal, had drawn rave reviews in camp back at his natural NT position. Now it's all in doubt.

Rapoport, I have guessed earlier, seems tied into David Dunn (Rodgers, Matthews, Raji's agent). And I think that explains his good information about all three contracts for these guys and his correct call on rebuilding the D line.

If someone was to know before M3 knows, its probably Rap Sheet.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m
    The belief is that #Packers NT BJ Raji tore his bicep last night, sources say. Tests will show whether it's fully or partially torn.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

no big loss IMO, it was dumb to even re sign him

time to give pick or jolly a call

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    I think Raji was poised to have a good year at NT but I agree with this... We'll see if Boyd's ready for primetime pretty quick.

Not sure Jolly can play nose, and penetration is not Pick's game.

Really need Guion to get healthy if possible. He, Boyd and Pennel could probably do it.

This would be a tough loss, IMHO. Raji has looked very good this preseason. The move back to NT was working.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I thought Raji has looked inconsistent.

This would suck. I hope its only a partial tear. Could put him on the pup and he'd be ready to go week 7 on. Starting D has been playing great minus a couple bad plays. Raji has looked a lot better at NT so far.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    This would suck. I hope its only a partial tear. Could put him on the pup and he'd be ready to go week 7 on. Starting D has been playing great minus a couple bad plays. Raji has looked a lot better at NT so far.
    Can't be PUP. They would have to keep him on the initial 53, and then put him on IR designated for retirn.

If he is done for the year, thats 3 guys so far before even week 1. Doesn't seem like this "new technology" is working. Still probably have just as much injuries as any team this preseason if not more. The nfl should allow the packers to have a 63 man roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Can't be PUP. They would have to keep him on the initial 53, and then put him on IR designated for retirn.
    Yeah thats right if you start practicing you can't be put on the pup. What if they cut him before week 1, do they get that 4 mil back?

Injury settlement would probably be at least $2mil. Could short term IR him, as others have said. It would mean risking probably Carl Bradford to waivers for a week.

Shit.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    no big loss IMO, it was dumb to even re sign him

Pick is too slow and I don't know if Jolly has been cleared to play yet. Can BJ play with a partial tear?

Well, we have confirmed RapSheet's report. It is a torn bicep, but no details on how torn or how long.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 16m
    Just confirmed Raji tore his biceps from a league source. Fear is it's season-ending.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 22m
    Not that you should ever doubt @RapSheet, but source says #Packers are indeed afraid Raji tore his bicep. Worried last night. Carry on.

I know you guys are down on Raji, but losing him hurts a lot...

Assuming dunderdummy was going to use him properly... who ya gonna stick at nose now?? Not the traditional 2-gap NT, but rather a slanting, penetrating NT to go with the undersized DE's dunderdummy is using.

Losing Raji hurts a lot... no telling how dunderdummy will screw it up now
    wist

Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood 14m
    If it is torn bicep for B.J. Raji, what kind of tear will be crucial. Recovery from partial tear typically 3-6 weeks. Full tear 4-6 months.

Wow. Nobody around here wanted to sign Raji for even the vet minimum this year, and now he's an irreplaceable part of the defense?

Go figure.

I liked the resigning, and I think he's played very well back at NT this preseason. I think it would be a big loss. You'd be looking at Pennel and nobody to spell him until Guion returned. Ugh!
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

NT is Raji's position. I think it is a big loss, at least Raji had potential to return to form at NT.