Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Roster Cuts Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Mulumba made it? Really thought he was on his way out.
    Canada wins over Russia.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

My big disappointment in the final cuts was Stoneburner. I'm glad to see he got IRed instead of cut - I didn't know there was even and injury - what was it? an infected hangnail? hahahaha - Good we keep him - I like him better than Bostick.

Stoneburner caught a pass in the Packers' next to last possession. I don't remember any injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Stoneburner caught a pass in the Packers' next to last possession. I don't remember any injury.
    Sure you do, just trying remembering harder ...
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Too bad Bradford couldn't get a hammy too
    Don't know how TT, MM, and Dunderdummy couldn't see that he was a much better fit at ILB all along - seriously, my 4 year old daughter is taller, and 2 year old son has longer arms... no way was Bradford ever going to be able to make it at OLB or DE, he simply doesn't doesn't have physical attributes.

They overdrafted him, then stubbornly refused to admit that he wasn't an edge player - I'm guessing they kept him to keep from admitting they were wrong from the start with this guy. His only place in the NFL is at ILB - which is what I said the second they drafted him... as the old saying goes - Stevie Wonder could see that.
    wist

He was an accomplished college pass rusher and they were looking for more pass rush. Always looking for more pass rush.

Its not that hard to understand why they gave him a chance. My bet is they did not think he would be a contributor in Year 1 anyway, so they had two training camps to try to fit him in.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

We don't have a suspension thread so new of this pending 214 game suspension goes here:

Robert Klemko ‏@RobertKlemko 1h
    Served up for Goodell on a silver platter. MT @mattbarrows: Ray McDonald was booked for "inflicting injury on a spouse or cohabitant."

Why is it 214 and not 8 games?

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1h
    Report: 49ers DE Ray McDonald arrested for domestic violence, and the alleged victim is pregnant http://wp.me/p14QSB-9yBU

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He was an accomplished college pass rusher and they were looking for more pass rush. Always looking for more pass rush.

Its not that hard to understand why they gave him a chance. My bet is they did not think he would be a contributor in Year 1 anyway, so they had two training camps to try to fit him in.
    Yes, always looking for pass rush... fine, good, no problem there.

Where the problem is - the guy is 4 ft tall, and his arms are so short he can't reach into his back pocket to pull out his wallet.

At least with a guy like Elliot, you can see the physical ability - now that is guy you can work with as an edge rusher. Bradford belongs in the middle, and when they drafted him I thought for sure that's where they'd start him... as it is, they wasted an entire camp trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.
    wist

Packers have the 6th youngest team based on 53 man roster. Same as last year. http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/r...rs-oldest.html
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Yes, always looking for pass rush... fine, good, no problem there.

Where the problem is - the guy is 4 ft tall, and his arms are so short he can't reach into his back pocket to pull out his wallet.

At least with a guy like Elliot, you can see the physical ability - now that is guy you can work with as an edge rusher. Bradford belongs in the middle, and when they drafted him I thought for sure that's where they'd start him... as it is, they wasted an entire camp trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.
    Seems like nonsense to me. Unless you think he'd make such a great inside linebacker that he'd displace our starters and make an impact as a rookie, its not a wasted camp. You get a productive college DE who jumped 37.5" and give him every chance to be something as an edge rusher. The fact that he could be an ILB is simply a nice plan B a la Brad Jones, Terrell Manning, and Jamari Lattimore. It's a sound strategy. In the meantime, he worked with the same coach as the ILB (Winston Moss is now in charge of both now) and is so far from action on either depth chart that its special teams that matters anyways.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Charles Johnson got cut by Cleveland. That's pretty much the end of the road in today's NFL.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

I think Jayrone Elliot's emergence had something to do with the position switch.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Couple of noteable cuts from other teams I noticed:

Isaac Sopoaga is listed as cut for the Cardinals. Two seasons ago when he was a free agent for the 49ers I remember claims that he would have been the best DT on our roster. He's 32 now and only started 2 games last year but for a team in need of a NT, he's something.

Pat Angerer was cut by the Falcons. He was the leading tackler as the MLB for a lot of terrible Colts defenses. He's only 27 now and we've had good luck with our Iowa products.

The Bengals cut some well knowns including : the Law firm, armchair GM signing Daniel Manning, 250lb 4.40 runner Dontay Moch, and Jerrell Worthy alternate Devon Still.

The Chiefs cut former Bears deep cover saboteur J'Marcus Webb

The Saints are cut Champ Bailey and best-FB-in-madden-for-a-decade Greg Jones. Also 1 trick donkey Robert Meachem has been released.

The Eagles cut Stanford rookie safety Ed Reynolds whom some on this board had fantasized seeing in Green and Gold. Also they cut a classic Ted mold CB in Curtis Marsh.

The Steelers cut another standout Stanford rookie defensive end Josh Mauro. I'd mocked him to the Packers several times, he looked like a solid 2-gapping DE for a 3-4.

In keeping with the theme of standouts from an elite Stanford defense getting cut from defensive systems similar to ours, LBs Shayne Skov and Chase Thomas were cut by the 49ers. Trent Murphy must be really good to make all these guys look like NFL players.

The Tampa Bay Lovie's cut former first round pick Larry English.

The Washington racial slurs cut Mad's former crush, safety Phillip Thomas. Also former first round pick Everette Brown.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post

Isaac Sopoaga is listed as cut for the Cardinals. Two seasons ago when he was a free agent for the 49ers I remember claims that he would have been the best DT on our roster. He's 32 now and only started 2 games last year but for a team in need of a NT, he's something.

Pat Angerer was cut by the Falcons. He was the leading tackler as the MLB for a lot of terrible Colts defenses. He's only 27 now and we've had good luck with our Iowa products.

The Bengals cut some well knowns including : the Law firm, armchair GM signing Daniel Manning, 250lb 4.40 runner Dontay Moch, and Jerrell Worthy alternate Devon Still.

The Saints are cut Champ Bailey and best-FB-in-madden-for-a-decade Greg Jones. Also 1 trick donkey Robert Meachem has been released.

The Eagles cut Stanford rookie safety Ed Reynolds whom some on this board had fantasized seeing in Green and Gold. Also they cut a classic Ted mold CB in Curtis Marsh.

The Steelers cut another standout Stanford rookie defensive end Josh Mauro. I'd mocked him to the Packers several times, he looked like a solid 2-gapping DE for a 3-4.

In keeping with the theme of standouts from an elite Stanford defense getting cut from defensive systems similar to ours, LBs Shayne Skov and Chase Thomas were cut by the 49ers. Trent Murphy must be really good to make all these guys look like NFL players.

The Washington racial slurs cut Mad's former crush, safety Phillip Thomas. Also former first round pick Everette Brown.
    Always liked Angerer. Good name for a backer, blue collar guy who always kept plugging. After all these years at Mike for Indy, he could probably use the rest.

Still and Worthy are brothers from different mothers, both bums.

Sorry to see J'Marcus Webb go, God what a dog's ass.

Seems like nonsense to me. Unless you think he'd make such a great inside linebacker that he'd displace our starters and make an impact as a rookie, its not a wasted camp. You get a productive college DE who jumped 37.5" and give him every chance to be something as an edge rusher. The fact that he could be an ILB is simply a nice plan B a la Brad Jones, Terrell Manning, and Jamari Lattimore. It's a sound strategy. In the meantime, he worked with the same coach as the ILB (Winston Moss is now in charge of both now) and is so far from action on either depth chart that its special teams that matters anyways.
    By description, he kinda sounds like James Harrison. Not sure if measurables line up. But thinking you might have a talent along those lines would also help explain the patience.

Couple of the film and analyst sites (Football Outsiders and one I do not remember) think Isaac Sopoaga is done and really faded last year. No idea if that's true, but sometimes part-time for less money makes it better.

Interesting bit about English, he was the better performing (in college!) LB team mate of Mathews that got drafted before him!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Mauro seems like the kind of player Green Bay would have wanted circa 2011.

Reynolds seems to have the instincts, but he's just too limited athletically.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Charles Johnson got cut by Cleveland. That's pretty much the end of the road in today's NFL.
    He was on the 53 for like, 6 hrs.

Then, they cut him and put him on the practice squad.

That's a fork, near the end of the road.