Thread: NFL Roster Cuts Tracker

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Couple of noteable cuts from other teams I noticed:

Isaac Sopoaga is listed as cut for the Cardinals. Two seasons ago when he was a free agent for the 49ers I remember claims that he would have been the best DT on our roster. He's 32 now and only started 2 games last year but for a team in need of a NT, he's something.

Pat Angerer was cut by the Falcons. He was the leading tackler as the MLB for a lot of terrible Colts defenses. He's only 27 now and we've had good luck with our Iowa products.

The Bengals cut some well knowns including : the Law firm, armchair GM signing Daniel Manning, 250lb 4.40 runner Dontay Moch, and Jerrell Worthy alternate Devon Still.

The Chiefs cut former Bears deep cover saboteur J'Marcus Webb

The Saints are cut Champ Bailey and best-FB-in-madden-for-a-decade Greg Jones. Also 1 trick donkey Robert Meachem has been released.

The Eagles cut Stanford rookie safety Ed Reynolds whom some on this board had fantasized seeing in Green and Gold. Also they cut a classic Ted mold CB in Curtis Marsh.

The Steelers cut another standout Stanford rookie defensive end Josh Mauro. I'd mocked him to the Packers several times, he looked like a solid 2-gapping DE for a 3-4.

In keeping with the theme of standouts from an elite Stanford defense getting cut from defensive systems similar to ours, LBs Shayne Skov and Chase Thomas were cut by the 49ers. Trent Murphy must be really good to make all these guys look like NFL players.

The Tampa Bay Lovie's cut former first round pick Larry English.

The Washington racial slurs cut Mad's former crush, safety Phillip Thomas. Also former first round pick Everette Brown.
    Always liked Angerer. Good name for a backer, blue collar guy who always kept plugging. After all these years at Mike for Indy, he could probably use the rest.

Still and Worthy are brothers from different mothers, both bums.

Sorry to see J'Marcus Webb go, God what a dog's ass.

Couple of the film and analyst sites (Football Outsiders and one I do not remember) think Isaac Sopoaga is done and really faded last year. No idea if that's true, but sometimes part-time for less money makes it better.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.