Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: NFL Roster Cuts Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    He was on the 53 for like, 6 hrs.

Then, they cut him and put him on the practice squad.

That's a fork, near the end of the road.
    I am a little surprised. Early in camp I did a little research, and he was getting good press, like the following:

"The easy things are all the recognizables right away, that he's 6-foot-2 and a half, 215 pounds," Browns general manager Ray Farmer told reporters on Sunday. "He ran a 4.38 40 (yard dash). Those are the easy pieces, but when you watch the tape you like his hands. You like the fact that he can run the routes, and right now it's a young man that put a lot of work to recovering from an ACL injury. You can see that he's big. He's still fast and he can run routes and catch the football."

Probably not 100% recovered is my guess. We'll see if anything ever becomes of him. A little surprised Green Bay didn't offer him a PS offer sheet. Then again, maybe he just prefers the city of Cleveland.

That would seem to speak poorly of his drive to succeed in the NFL, though...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Probably not 100% recovered is my guess. We'll see if anything ever becomes of him. A little surprised Green Bay didn't offer him a PS offer sheet. Then again, maybe he just prefers the city of Cleveland.

That would seem to speak poorly of his drive to succeed in the NFL, though...
    CJ is a mixed bag. Some good, some bizarre. I've known of him for years. He's from Elsmere KY & played at Erlanger LLoyd. Their field is 100 ft from my Mother-in-law's lawn. He was KY's #1 recruit coming out of HS. Big battle between U of Lou & Univ of KY to sign him. Louisville wins. Johnson has to go to college prep classes so he can start with his class and play ball with the Cards. When late August rolls around, the coaches discover he hadn't attended a class or cracked book 1. UL bounced him from their program and he xferred to Eastern KY in Richmond. Within a month, there was a dispute over stolen laptops and he was bounced from his second college pgm. Then he went to a SoCal JC and fucked that up. His next move was a small JC around here. People tell me he didn't finish that one. Eventually, he wound up at Grand Valley Ste down in Texas. He's got 3 kids and a JCal degree of sorts. He's big, scary fast and just learning how to run pass routes. If he'd bear down and learn his NFL job, he might make it. He's supposed to be a great kid, but a total air head.

Wish him the best, but I doubt he makes it. Too bad, he's got an NFL body, just not the mindset.

Something has to be wrong if you can't play WR for the Browns. They are missing the top two guys.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    CJ is a mixed bag. Some good, some bizarre. I've known of him for years. He's from Elsmere KY & played at Erlanger LLoyd. Their field is 100 ft from my Mother-in-law's lawn. He was KY's #1 recruit coming out of HS. Big battle between U of Lou & Univ of KY to sign him. Louisville wins. Johnson has to go to college prep classes so he can start with his class and play ball with the Cards. When late August rolls around, the coaches discover he hadn't attended a class or cracked book 1. UL bounced him from their program and he xferred to Eastern KY in Richmond. Within a month, there was a dispute over stolen laptops and he was bounced from his second college pgm. Then he went to a SoCal JC and fucked that up. His next move was a small JC around here. People tell me he didn't finish that one. Eventually, he wound up at Grand Valley Ste down in Texas. He's got 3 kids and a JCal degree of sorts. He's big, scary fast and just learning how to run pass routes. If he'd bear down and learn his NFL job, he might make it. He's supposed to be a great kid, but a total air head.

Wish him the best, but I doubt he makes it. Too bad, he's got an NFL body, just not the mindset.
    Grand Valley State is near Grand Rapids, Michigan.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Grand Valley State is near Grand Rapids, Michigan.
    Yeah, yer right. He's been around. Johnson is a funny kid. From what I've heard he's a real nice guy and has always worked, he just ain't much of a scholar. He just worked around here for a time, no school or football. So he falls off the map for awhile. He's got 3 kids and I've heard maybe some more, so he's got incentive to earn a paycheck.