Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
And Scott was on the practice squad until Rodgers got hurt and then he had to be Wallace's backup. A guy on the PS doesn't get any reps so he was truly green when he was forced to play after Wallace got hurt.
A QB on PS does get to study the playbook, so Flynn had 10 weeks of that. He does get to do film study with the other QBs, so Flynn had 10 weeks of that. He does get to watch the #1 & #2 run the offense, so Flynn had 10 weeks of watching and learning from watching Rodgers & Wallace. He gets to run the scout team, so he had practice with mechanics. He should have been as prepared or more prepared than Fynn was when he came in. Flynn even remarked at how much the offense had changed since he was last there.

I'm not saying he was as prepared as he might be now, but 2 1/2 months into the season the excuse wears thin. It's his job to get prepared, and Tolzien is reputed to be a tireless worker in that regard. I will give him some slack, but not a lot. He was in his third year in the league, with two full seasons on the 49ers 53 man roster.

Even this year so far, Tolzien gets yards, but tends to come up short on getting points.

I just don't think he has done enough to get beyond the proven commodity that Flynn is for the Packers. Maybe he will eventually, but he really has not shown that yet this preseason.