Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Panthers Week Discussion

Panthers Week Discussion

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 24m24 minutes ago
    Also, Boykin and Datone Jones practiced, as did J.C. Tretter. He'd be eligible to play following the bye.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 25m25 minutes ago
    No shortage of #Packers injury news at practice today. Sunday injuries: Williams and Shields were out; Lattimore practiced.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

It's gonna suck if Shields and Williams are out.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    It's gonna suck if Shields and Williams are out.
    Getting one, I would be ok. Not having both, yes, it's gonna suck. I'm gonna guess that Williams will be questionable come Friday, Shields will be doubtful - this is based off of nothing but where the injury occurred.

At least Carolina doesn't have an elite receiving crew. Although going against backups and having a safety play in to guard against Cam running might make for a long afternoon.

Yet another team with a strong front seven to shred the Packers OL. Give Rodgers any time, and that secondary should be shredded.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne · 54m 54 minutes ago
    #Packers injuries: Boykin, Lattimore, D. Jones all limited. Tramon Williams and Shields DNP.

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne · 52m 52 minutes ago
    McCarthy on Shields/Tramon: "Them being veteran players, we'll give them every opportunity to be ready. Tramon closer than Sam."

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne · 51m 51 minutes ago
    MM on read option: Spent a lot of time on it at prac. Cam does it very well. Dynamic in option with his running ability. Did a lot vs Cincy

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne · 49m 49 minutes ago
    McCarthy on Rodgers: Aaron's playing very, very well. I've seen him play better with the standard he's set. A lot in front of him.

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne · 48m 48 minutes ago
    McCarthy says Lattimore had a stinger. Was announced as "neck" injury.

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne · 47m 47 minutes ago
    McCarthy on RB rotation: We need to be running the ball on attempts standpoint as we did last week.

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne · 46m 46 minutes ago
    More MM on run game: Gives us the ability to keep rolling. Can both play all downs, benefit didn't have last year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Have they ever said what Shields' injury really is?

Nope.

The Packers are in better shape than many teams at CB, even with the two starters down. As mentioned, House has been playing well, and Hayward seems to be back at, or near, full strength. That leave the nickle back as Bush or Hyde. Richardson in dime? I'm surprised at how little he's seen the field in a non-ST role this season.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Carolina's defense has been surprisingly bad. They've given up 12 TD passes in 6 games, although they do have 7 INT's. Their rush defense is giving up 5.5 YPC, which is a league worst. They've given up 7 runs of 20+ yards and 4 runs of 40+ yards. The latter is a league worst. They obviously miss Greg Hardy, but this is still a huge disappointment for a defense that was one of the best in the NFL last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Carolina's defense has been surprisingly bad. They've given up 12 TD passes in 6 games, although they do have 7 INT's. Their rush defense is giving up 5.5 YPC, which is a league worst. They've given up 7 runs of 20+ yards and 4 runs of 40+ yards. The latter is a league worst. They obviously miss Greg Hardy, but this is still a huge disappointment for a defense that was one of the best in the NFL last year.
    With supposedly the best MLB in the league... I don't buy it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    With supposedly the best MLB in the league... I don't buy it yet.
    Life as an MLB is lot more difficult if the DL can't keep the blockers off of him.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Life as an MLB is lot more difficult if the DL can't keep the blockers off of him.
    That's what AJ Hawk says.

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    At least Carolina doesn't have an elite receiving crew. Although going against backups and having a safety play in to guard against Cam running might make for a long afternoon.

Yet another team with a strong front seven to shred the Packers OL. Give Rodgers any time, and that secondary should be shredded.
    TE Greg Olsen should not be underestimated. He's pretty good.

Newton seems to be over his early season injuries. The big test this week will be whether the front seven can contain him on the option. Having Shields and Tramon back would be nice but it won't make or break their ability to limit the damage Newton does.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Getting one, I would be ok. Not having both, yes, it's gonna suck. I'm gonna guess that Williams will be questionable come Friday, Shields will be doubtful - this is based off of nothing but where the injury occurred.
    Mac has said Tramon is closer to playing than Sam is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    TE Greg Olsen should not be underestimated. He's pretty good.
    Never understood why the Bears seemed to give up on him.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Never understood why the Bears seemed to give up on him.
    Mike Martz. He's the VERY definition of a bad seed.

EDIT: Auto Correct MUST DIE!
    Last edited by pbmax; 10-16-2014 at 09:26 AM.

We always have problems with running QBs and Cam runs pretty darn well. I'm not worried about us scoring on them.

I am.

What a good test, though. This Packer team is never going anywhere big until the defense figures out how to stop the read-option QB's.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I am.

What a good test, though. This Packer team is never going anywhere big until the defense figures out how to stop the read-option QB's.
    Sunday looks like the last read-option QB the Packers will face in the regular season. Maybe they'll get lucky and not face Kaep, Newton or Wilson in the playoffs.

Yes, I said playoffs.