Thread: Why This Is Going To Be A Great Season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Has everyone forgotten that the Packers tend to get out of the gate slow each year? The title of this thread should be "What will go wrong in the first quarter of the season?" Despite all the hoopla about the best OL since the early 2000s I am expecting to see Rodgers under heavy pressure Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Has everyone forgotten that the Packers tend to get out of the gate slow each year? The title of this thread should be "What will go wrong in the first quarter of the season?" Despite all the hoopla about the best OL since the early 2000s I am expecting to see Rodgers under heavy pressure Thursday.
    I haven't. Every year under Campen the OL starts the season like complete dog shit. Actually dog shit might be better because at least that might slow the rush down or make them slip a bit. They always seem confused that teams don't just rush 4 with no stunts or schemes. Best hope is for Lacy to make some of those unblocked defenders to miss to take the pressure off Rodgers.

The OL gets better at the end of the season, and that, combined with some dubious stats make some people forget abut the complete cluster fuck at the beginning of the season.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    There are exceptions. Clay usually has 90% of his sacks by week 8.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.