Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Why This Is Going To Be A Great Season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 18m
    Trepidation about how #Bears defense will perform? No question they've been keeping some stuff under wraps.

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 6m
    So was GB. RT @BradBiggs: Trepidation about how #Bears D will perform? they've been keeping some stuff under wraps.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 3m
    @RobDemovsky So it sounds like you are saying there is a chance?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Hey! Waitaminit! This isn't Kool- Aid! What the fuck? This tastes like shit! Shit! It IS shit! What the fuck? Where's my mouthwash? Fuck! Where's my toothbrush? Goddamn!

For all of my pessimism, I had sincerely hoped that they would have learned some lessons from the past couple of years... and with MM supposedly sitting in on defensive meetings - they had to correct some things?? Right??

Well, the answer to that is an obvious no - they've learned nothing, and are determined to keep trying the same things that didn't work the last few years. It's mind-boggling.

Capers came out and emptied his little bag of tricks during the 1st quarter - he showed some 3-4 base, and showed at least some committment to stuffing the run and controlling the LOS. Then the 2nd quarter rolled around, and it was right back to that idiotic 2-4... the Seahawks were off and running after that.

Capers is like the scorpion that stings the frog - to his own demise. He simply cannot help himself - he sees the NFL as a passing league, and only a passing league, and figures the opponent is eventually going to abandon the run and pass, pass, pass. Even when going up against a run heavy team like the Seahawks, Capers cannot believe that they are not going to air it out 50 times.

If he gets gashed for one 12 yd run... well, surely the opponent will pass on the next down, right?? or the next down, right?? Well, 6 yds, 8 yds, 12 yds, 6 yds... eventually, the only thing that is going to stop an opponent from continuing to run it down our throats is the goal line - as the rules say that once a team crosses the goal line, they have to stop beating up their pitiful opponent.

207 rushing yds allowed - that about sums up Dom Capers committment to stopping the run. It's sickening to watch.
    wist