Thread: Official Gameday Thread - Chiefs at Packers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So he didn't make any major, major gaffes last night, but he didn't impress in the run game?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    So he didn't make any major, major gaffes last night, but he didn't impress in the run game?
    Two negative plays I saw. He got walked backwards into Flynn's lap by #55 on a bull rush twice. He was too high and couldn't recover. Neither was a free rusher or fire drill, but both were bad. He needs to get lower and anchor better.

He also kept getting neutralized in the run game. His size and long arms mean you aren't getting around him, but his best straight run blocking was a no decision. At worst, he would get punched and retreat a step.

McCarthy said Sherrod transformed himself and was stronger this year. But that didn't translate often to the field. He needs to use his legs, get lower and as KYP said, learn to punch first or like Clifton, ignore the punch and win anyway with strength.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Pb pretty much did a play by play update on all his snaps in this thread if you're curious.

I thought he was fine in pass pro. He loses tons of style points but at the end of the day he's effective. As a run blocker he's just a gentle giant, can control a guy to a stalemate but not violent and not doing much at the next level.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.