Thread: Why so much coverage on Michael Sam?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    You're also in the tiniest of minorities of libertarians who disregard personal accountability enough to continually talk politics outside of FYI.
    Yea, cuz us evil righties started a political thread damn us.

You can't open this can of worms and then be pissed when worms come out. MOVE THE FUCKING THREAD, DELETE THE FUCKING THREAD OR SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!'

This is exactly what Wist is talking about. Its ok to open the topic, but heaven forbid a certain veiwpoint is expressed. We must silence the dissenter. You people are so fucking panty waste pussified that I can't actually handle it here anymore. I'm out of here. I'll join Rand and the other silenced masses.

I can't believe everyone is so fucking stupid to not realize that nearly every post in this thread is just like Wist's, but he is the only one you wish to silence....and for the record I disagree with wist quite a bit, and even in this instance, but I'm not so small minded and petty as to want to silence him. You dumb fuckers are proving his point for him.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Yea, cuz us evil righties started a political thread damn us.

You can't open this can of worms and then be pissed when worms come out. MOVE THE FUCKING THREAD, DELETE THE FUCKING THREAD OR SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!'

This is exactly what Wist is talking about. Its ok to open the topic, but heaven forbid a certain veiwpoint is expressed. We must silence the dissenter. You people are so fucking panty waste pussified that I can't actually handle it here anymore. I'm out of here. I'll join Rand and the other silenced masses.

I can't believe everyone is so fucking stupid to not realize that nearly every post in this thread is just like Wist's, but he is the only one you wish to silence....and for the record I disagree with wist quite a bit, and even in this instance, but I'm not so small minded and petty as to want to silence him. You dumb fuckers are proving his point for him.
    No, not every post is just like wists because there is a line that wist Carl Lewis long jumps over every time. When a post has more to do with politics than it does with football, that's the line. The existence of even having FYI was threatened recently with Red's little tantrum about this exact shit. You dumb fuckers are proving him right.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post

False. Here's the rundown of the posts:

Chann - Starts thread, albeit in the wrong forum, but says he wasn't sure and is ok with moving it. Harmless enough.
    Harlan - Gives his opinion, no politics.
    Smuggler - Disagrees with Harlan. No politics.
    Harlan - Reposte. No politics.
    Wist - Political jab at "leftists". Rants on Mike and Mike and how they are "leftists". Political.
    Zool - People are stupid. No politics
    Woodbuck - Link to Sam story about making the team. No politics.
    Dirty - Has thoughts of Sam and Manziel. No politics.
    QBME - Agrees with Wist on M&M. Can be political, or just that he hates M&M.
    Denver - Questions why thread even in Packerrats. No politics
    Denver - Tells Dirty his dream of Sam on Manziel action happened. No politics.
    Thunder - Snarky response to Wist about his political views and request to keep political discussion in FYI. Political post.
    Wist - Snarky reposte to Thunder and calls him a leftist. Political.
    George - Wants clarification on Wist's original post. Not really political as no views stated but encourages the political conversation.
    Zool - Shot at Wist. Not political.
    George - Gives opinion on original post. Not political.
    Smuggler - Political post.
    pb - Video of Sam on Manziel action. Not political
    Dirty - Admission that missed the video. Not political
    pb - Comment on how M&M and ESPN are money making machines. Then brings up Joe Buck. Not political.
    pb - Laments about Cubs. Not political.
    Dirty - Hell would freeze over. Not political.
    Harlan - Expresses hatred of Joe Buck. Doesn't care about Sam's sexuality. Not political.
    Wist - Clarifies post to George's earlier question. Not political.
    Dirty - Slight shot and tells Wist to stop posting about politics when not in FYI. Not political.
    Thunder - agrees with Dirty. Not political.
    Wist - Brings up how crappy liberals are again and how they are bullies. Says thread doesn't belong here, should be in FYI. Political.
    George - Acknowledges gets wist's point. Not political.
    Wist - Compares himself to Jews in Nazi Germany about how he's being attacked. Takes another derogatory shot at liberals. Political.
    Dirty - Shot at Wist. Tells him he's still posting politics outside of FYI. Not political.
    pb - States that M&M are more centric than left, but not sure. Encourages political talk, but not really a political post.
    Chann - Comments on how stupid Greeny is. Not political
    George - Sympathizes with M&M and radio guys that that have to say outrageous stuff. Not political
    Fritz - Gay joke. Not political.
    George - Likes Fritz. Not political.
    bobble - says it's not wists fault the thread was started. Not political
    bobble - agrees on M&M being centrist. Just sick of the whole media circus. Not political.
    bobble- Agrees with wist that conservative are the victims like the Jews in Nazi Germany. Political.
    bobble - Starts whining and crying and says that people are trying to silence the dissenters. Claims every post is like wists. Then rage quits.

So we have 38 posts before your rage quit. 7 are definitely political in nature and 4 were by wist. Several are possible politics. But the vast majority have nothing to do with politics and several posters asked the politics talk to go to the proper forum.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    False. Here's the rundown of the posts:

Chann - Starts thread, albeit in the wrong forum, but says he wasn't sure and is ok with moving it. Harmless enough.
    Harlan - Gives his opinion, no politics.
    Smuggler - Disagrees with Harlan. No politics.
    Harlan - Reposte. No politics.
    Wist - Political jab at "leftists". Rants on Mike and Mike and how they are "leftists". Political.
    Zool - People are stupid. No politics
    Woodbuck - Link to Sam story about making the team. No politics.
    Dirty - Has thoughts of Sam and Manziel. No politics.
    QBME - Agrees with Wist on M&M. Can be political, or just that he hates M&M.
    Denver - Questions why thread even in Packerrats. No politics
    Denver - Tells Dirty his dream of Sam on Manziel action happened. No politics.
    Thunder - Snarky response to Wist about his political views and request to keep political discussion in FYI. Political post.
    Wist - Snarky reposte to Thunder and calls him a leftist. Political.
    George - Wants clarification on Wist's original post. Not really political as no views stated but encourages the political conversation.
    Zool - Shot at Wist. Not political.
    George - Gives opinion on original post. Not political.
    Smuggler - Political post.
    pb - Video of Sam on Manziel action. Not political
    Dirty - Admission that missed the video. Not political
    pb - Comment on how M&M and ESPN are money making machines. Then brings up Joe Buck. Not political.
    pb - Laments about Cubs. Not political.
    Dirty - Hell would freeze over. Not political.
    Harlan - Expresses hatred of Joe Buck. Doesn't care about Sam's sexuality. Not political.
    Wist - Clarifies post to George's earlier question. Not political.
    Dirty - Slight shot and tells Wist to stop posting about politics when not in FYI. Not political.
    Thunder - agrees with Dirty. Not political.
    Wist - Brings up how crappy liberals are again and how they are bullies. Says thread doesn't belong here, should be in FYI. Political.
    George - Acknowledges gets wist's point. Not political.
    Wist - Compares himself to Jews in Nazi Germany about how he's being attacked. Takes another derogatory shot at liberals. Political.
    Dirty - Shot at Wist. Tells him he's still posting politics outside of FYI. Not political.
    pb - States that M&M are more centric than left, but not sure. Encourages political talk, but not really a political post.
    Chann - Comments on how stupid Greeny is. Not political
    George - Sympathizes with M&M and radio guys that that have to say outrageous stuff. Not political
    Fritz - Gay joke. Not political.
    George - Likes Fritz. Not political.
    bobble - says it's not wists fault the thread was started. Not political
    bobble - agrees on M&M being centrist. Just sick of the whole media circus. Not political.
    bobble- Agrees with wist that conservative are the victims like the Jews in Nazi Germany. Political.
    bobble - Starts whining and crying and says that people are trying to silence the dissenters. Claims every post is like wists. Then rage quits.

So we have 38 posts before your rage quit. 7 are definitely political in nature and 4 were by wist. Several are possible politics. But the vast majority have nothing to do with politics and several posters asked the politics talk to go to the proper forum.
    How long did it take you to do that summary?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    How long did it take you to do that summary?
    About as long as it took Sam to come out.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!