Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why so much coverage on Michael Sam?

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Incredible! I must have been in the right place at the right time not to know that!
    Please try to recall where. I want to be there if the Cubs ever win the World Series.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Please try to recall where. I want to be there if the Cubs ever win the World Series.
    Well Hell is out of the question as it will be frozen over.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

This logic also explains Joe Buck and every color commentator on American TV.
    Speaking of gay, why does Buck start his broadcasts with "I'm Joe and this is Troy"

Disturbing. I don't care what people do in their bedrooms, but keep it out of my face.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Wist, I don't get the Jew in Nazi Germany bit. Don't you mean "anyone who disagrees is a Nazi"? Or am I being obtuse? (A real possibility).

At any rate, this thread is going downhill fast.
    If you don't go along with PC, or you voice an opinion that isn't PC approved - you are ostracized, penalized, attacked, and it can be so vicious as to affect your livelihood. It's only going to get worse as the years tick by.

Conform or be cast out... Jews were cast out - today, conservatives are the targetted enemy of the PC police. I am not a conservative BTW, I am a libertarian... live and let live - in that regard, I am in the tiniest of minorities.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    If you don't go along with PC, or you voice an opinion that isn't PC approved - you are ostracized, penalized, attacked, and it can be so vicious as to affect your livelihood. It's only going to get worse as the years tick by.

Conform or be cast out... Jews were cast out - today, conservatives are the targetted enemy of the PC police. I am not a conservative BTW, I am a libertarian... live and let live - in that regard, I am in the tiniest of minorities.
    You're also in the tiniest of minorities of libertarians who disregard personal accountability enough to continually talk politics outside of FYI.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    You're also in the tiniest of minorities of libertarians who disregard personal accountability enough to continually talk politics outside of FYI.
    ZING!!!!!!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

It must be depressing when capitalism fails you. They are the highest rated national morning sports show in the country. Apparently, there are significant numbers of people who disagree with your assessment.

They also aren't all that left either. As was said above, they are interested in generating numbers and like Tebow, Sam moves the needle. Its ESPN doing what ESPN has been doing for years. They aren't the home of Mel Kiper, Dick Vitale and never-ending reruns of Jim Valvano for nothing. They are a money making machine.

I understand Amerikans want to listen to that crap - I don't, so I tune out. For me, it is unlistenable... I tune into sport talk radio to listen to sports talk, not liberal proselytizing.

But it is everywhere, and you can't escape it... if you object, or find it offensive?? You are subjected to the entire battery of liberal abuse, i.e. you are a bigot, intollerant, etc. Liberals are bullies, and unfortunately they are now in power and in control all of our institutions. They are no different than previous incarnations of authoritarians.

I do agree with Dan though - this kind of topic belongs in FYI. It isn't about football, it is about a societal topic - Michael Sam is of interest to some (not me, but some) b/c he's gay... it has nothing to do with football.
    wist

Ok. I understand your argument, that to disagree with the supposed PC majority is to be an oppressed minority. I disagree with your conclusion, but now I get what your point was.

I didn't start the thread, and only commented on the sad state of affairs with regard to sports talk radio - which proselytizes liberals political views. I don't want to hear that shit anymore than you want to hear what I have to say - yet I am assaulted by your leftist crap all day, every day... if I object?? well here we are... the person who objects being ostracized and attacked.

It's how you leftist bullies operate. I am the bad guy b/c what I said is not PC approved.

I'll leave you boys to it... don't get too friendly now
    wist

I didn't start the thread, and only commented on the sad state of affairs with regard to sports talk radio - which proselytizes liberals political views. I don't want to hear that shit anymore than you want to hear what I have to say - yet I am assaulted by your leftist crap all day, every day... if I object?? well here we are... the person who objects being ostracized and attacked.

It's how you leftist bullies operate. I am the bad guy b/c what I said is not PC approved.

I'll leave you boys to it... don't get too friendly now
    Yes ESPN radio and Packerrats are part of a conspiracy to bait you into breaking forum rules to justify bullying you. Let the record show here that wist is the victim.

I think if you scratched below the surface of not trying to offend their audience, the Mike and Mike show politics (especially Golic) is far more center than left. I haven't listened in a while, but from what I remember, Golic is a classic channthemann, "why are we discussing this" kind of commentator.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Leftists fancy themselves "enlightened", and since they control our society now, they delight in rubbing everyones face in the perversions they celebrate - and if you don't like it?? you are a bigot; if you don't celebrate it?? you are "intolerant" and in need of "reeducation"...

Ever listen to Mike and Mike in the Morning?? ESPN radio's Mike Golic and Mike Greenberg... their entire show has nothing whatsoever to do with sports anymore, it is nonstop celebration of political correctness in sports. All they talk about is Sam, the Ray Rice incident, the horrors of marijuana, etc. The entire show is an exercise in self congratulation of how enlightened they are, and anyone who disagrees is the equivalent of a Jew in Nazi Germany.

They're unlistenable now... same thing with other sports talk shows. If I want to be lectured by some leftist nuts, I'll go back to college.

Greeny said something incredibly stupid a day or two ago ago (yes, what does he say that isn't stupid these days). But he mentioned that since Shaw (?, the RB that quit USC) hired a lawyer and wasn't completely honest that something bad must have happened to injure his ankles. In Shaw's case, it very well could be that he was in the wrong. It could also mean that he is simply protecting himself since idiots like Mike Greenberg assume that if someone is accused of something they are automatically guilty... after all, why would they be accused if they WEREN'T guilty? This is such flawed logic, but unfortunately it is the thinking of the masses these days.

Another thing about radio is these guys have to talk for three or four hours a day, five days a week, forty some weeks a year.

At some point they have to just start making shit up or saying outrageous shit, just to fill air space.

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    Maybe this topic doesn't belong in the Packers forum and if that is the case, please move it to the correct forum. But I have to ask, why does ESPN and every other sports station have so much coverage of Michael Sam and whether he makes the team or not? You don't see these kinds of segments for every (or even ANY) other rookie hoping to make the team.

If homosexual people want to be treated the same as others then why do we treat them so differently? As it stands, Sam may just make the St. Louis Rams team just because he is gay. The Rams could never cut the guy even if he sucked because the backlash would be so great. Which is really the main point of this topic... if being gay isn't a big deal, than why do we make it such a big deal?

Wait. I think it's that they can't cut him because he sucks.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Wait. I think it's that they can't cut him because he sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Yes, because the government is going to round you up and kill you in gas chambers.

Keep this shit in FYI.
    Really...someone started a political thread in the packer forum and WIST is the bad guy?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

It must be depressing when capitalism fails you. They are the highest rated national morning sports show in the country. Apparently, there are significant numbers of people who disagree with your assessment.

They also aren't all that left either. As was said above, they are interested in generating numbers and like Tebow, Sam moves the needle. Its ESPN doing what ESPN has been doing for years. They aren't the home of Mel Kiper, Dick Vitale and never-ending reruns of Jim Valvano for nothing. They are a money making machine.

I agree, they aren't all that leftist, they are opinionated on a variety of issues, which triggers emotions. Sam's triggers emotions, whether you want him to fail because you are sick of him getting special attention, or if you want him to succeed to begin an era where being gay is more mainstream, you have some interest in the story. He sells copy as they say, therefore the media blitz is on. Same went for Tebow (except I don't believe he was ever given the same fair shot Sam's will be given). Same went for the early black QB's. Warren Moon, Doug Williams and all. And when a Black QB went top 5 in the draft the blitz was really on.

Many of us (I consider myself in this camp, and sounds like chann as well) don't give a shit if a player is green, black, gay or whatever. Can he play. I'll be happy when the 2nd and 3rd gay player comes out because the hub bub will die off.

Wist, the fact that you had to explain it speaks volumes. Don't even bother.

Yea, cuz us evil righties started a political thread damn us.

You can't open this can of worms and then be pissed when worms come out. MOVE THE FUCKING THREAD, DELETE THE FUCKING THREAD OR SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!'

This is exactly what Wist is talking about. Its ok to open the topic, but heaven forbid a certain veiwpoint is expressed. We must silence the dissenter. You people are so fucking panty waste pussified that I can't actually handle it here anymore. I'm out of here. I'll join Rand and the other silenced masses.

I can't believe everyone is so fucking stupid to not realize that nearly every post in this thread is just like Wist's, but he is the only one you wish to silence....and for the record I disagree with wist quite a bit, and even in this instance, but I'm not so small minded and petty as to want to silence him. You dumb fuckers are proving his point for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Yes, because the government is going to round you up and kill you in gas chambers.

Keep this shit in FYI.
    By the way, they will simply kill you at Ruby Ridge. There, now I'm out. Have a good season all, I'm sick of you idiots anyway.

PS...I will return when Chann gets suspended for starting a political thread in the packers forum.