Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Why so much coverage on Michael Sam?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    40 something posts and only one kinda lame attempt at homo humor - the sucking thing?
    I tried. I thought it funny that Joe Buck starts broadcasts with "I'm Joe, this is Troy." John Madden never said, "I'm John, this is Pat."

Never mind.

Don't begrudge Sam anything. If he is successful, good for him. I see him as a football player, nothing more. But when ESPN has to go ad nauseum on his showering habits, it's way over the top. Even the headlines on espn.com, "Michael Sam survives cut", is too far. It's as consequential as "Jeff Janis survives Packers cutdown". The four letter network, Yahoo Sports, et al, clearly have an agenda and aren't shy about shoving it on a public that by and large is apathetic on whether he makes it or not. Doesn't matter what I think of his lifestyle choice, just sick of the social agenda the media is forcing.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldean View Post
    Don't begrudge Sam anything. If he is successful, good for him. I see him as a football player, nothing more. But when ESPN has to go ad nauseum on his showering habits, it's way over the top. Even the headlines on espn.com, "Michael Sam survives cut", is too far. It's as consequential as "Jeff Janis survives Packers cutdown". The four letter network, Yahoo Sports, et al, clearly have an agenda and aren't shy about shoving it on a public that by and large is apathetic on whether he makes it or not. Doesn't matter what I think of his lifestyle choice, just sick of the social agenda the media is forcing.
    I wouldn't want the heat of all that publicity.

He's 'just another NFL prospect' is how it should be treated.

'Lower profile' is the better way.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Rams cut him. End of that pony show. Sucks for him, but there are plenty of other guys who go through the same thing every year in the NFL.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    In other news I just got invited to a lesbian wedding. What to do, what to do...just kidding, I'm going, with BELLS on!

I'm gona start the wave when I hear "you may now kiss the bride"

Note: this message was approved by Guiness. Damn I'm so excited!

I HATE YOU !!!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    In other news I just got invited to a lesbian wedding. What to do, what to do...just kidding, I'm going, with BELLS on!

I'm gona start the wave when I hear "you may now kiss the bride"

Note: this message was approved by Guiness. Damn I'm so excited!

DUDE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ANY WAY YOU CAN GET MY INVITED THE LESBIANS BACHELORETTE PARTY ????????????????????
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He should put Bretsky down as his plus 1.
    YES....lol

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldean View Post
    The agenda is to generate ratings and web clicks, since Sam drew attention from outside the ranks of football fans. Showering habits goes too far, but to be fair I don't want to hear about the showering habits of any NFL player. NFL cheerleaders are a different matter, and I'd click for a video segment on their showering habits.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Rams cut him. End of that pony show. Sucks for him, but there are plenty of other guys who go through the same thing every year in the NFL.
    Slightly surprised. I thought he may have done enough with his showing in the last 3 games, especially with all the attention and scrutiny that cutting will bring. Whatever, the Rams know him a lot better than we do. Good luck to him (and all the other cut players for that matter) in the rest of his life. It's a tough business where you are either one of the elite best in the world or unemployed.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

I thought Sam looked impressive in his sacks this preseason, they were not cheapies.

He will stick in NFL, me thinks. 40 time be damned, he can play.

What to do, what to do, to keep your "brand" talked about when you've got a mediocre product? How do you keep the media's attention? How do you keep your most-valuable NFL franchise crown when you keep going 8 - 8?

In Dallas, you invite the NFL's possible first-openly-gay-player in for a look-see. Then sign him to your practice squad.

And the Cowboys prove once again that Jerruh Jones is a horrible GM but a genius owner.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    And the Cowboys prove once again that Jerruh Jones is gay, a horrible GM but a genius owner.

Fixed!

"Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

He may be gay, but he does not seem happy.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

The Michael Sam story has created a new first: First time a team has called a press conference to announce they were signing a player to their practice squad.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    The Michael Sam story has created a new first: First time a team has called a press conference to announce they were signing a player to their practice squad.
    It is a story that for three days no team was willing to sign the SEC defensive player of the year to a practice squad. After the guy had 3 impressive sacks in preseason. In a league where pass rush rules. It was a relief and story that Dallas took a chance.

a comedian on twitter (forgot his name) had a great line he posted right after the news broke that he was headed to dallas for a phyisical..."i can totally see Sam as a cowboy...or an indian chief, or a police officer, or a construction worker, or a..."

i was in tears.

ESPN has almost driven me to the point of hoping Sam fails just so I dont have to hear/read an article anytime he brushes his teeth. They've given him the complete Tebow treatment.
    Go PACK