Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Training Camp Disappointment

Biggest Training Camp Disappointment

Sherrod.

Injuries don't count, they always happen. I know Sherrod his shaking off rust. I expected a starter quality guy.

I don't know if I'd say Sherrod. My vote would go to Quarless. Q hasn't really taken the TE job with authority. Hell, he might not even make the 53...

quarless for me too, for the same reasons pugger gave

also, burnett

guy should have been playing for his roster spot. instead he does nothing, the gets hurt and misses tons of time. and insteadof winning or proving he should be starting, hne wins it by default because of the injury. i would say hyde for sure, haha and maybe richardson all looked better in preseason then burnett did last year

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Sherrod.

Injuries don't count, they always happen. I know Sherrod his shaking off rust. I expected a starter quality guy.
    Sherrod? I think he will continue to progress if he stays healthy.

We have a lot of candidates for duds:
    Jerel Worthy would be my pick (even though he's gone).
    Quarless has been invisible.
    Perry hasn't exactly flashed.

Hubbard, Bradford, Goodson, Thornton are all disappointments, although as rookies this is a lower grading scale

Perry has got to be on that list.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Perry has got to be on that list.
    yeah. neal looks like he's stepped it up a notch with peppers coming in taking away some of his playing time

perry looks like he's doing the exact opposite. pouting and coasting through his contract

Take a look at the draft, you got two glaring candidates there.

But of course it is early in their careers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I don't know if I'd say Sherrod. My vote would go to Quarless. Q hasn't really taken the TE job with authority. Hell, he might not even make the 53...
    Quarless has been solidly UNSPECTACULAR in this camp. Sherrod concerns me if he has to start in a pinch at LT. he looked like a walking turnstile.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Why Perry? Seems harsh.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Sherrod hasn't disappointed me, because I didn't expect him to be much better than he was as a rookie, when I thought he was bad. I am hoping he can show improvement during the year, however.

Perry is a disappointment. I looked for him to be healthy and make a step up. He really hasn't, but I haven't given up completely. Mike Neal didn't make an impact until his fourth season, Perry is in his third. The pressure is off him now, maybe he can learn in a more limited role as a backup used in specific situations.

Quarless didn't make any noise in camp, but I think in each preseason game he had a play or two that was kind of nice. He hasn't gotten back to where he was before his knee injury, and if he doesn't this year he probably never will. A disappointment I suppose, but again the expectations weren't that high to begin TC with.

It is hard to be disappointed in Burnett, the starters played so little there wasn't much to see. He sat out a few practices. I'll reserve judgement on him until we see how he plays as the season unfolds. If he doesn't start to make an impact, I will be disappointed for sure.

Not a disappointment, but something to watch out for. My impression is that Masthay was more inconsistent than in the past. I'm not worried, but I will be paying attention to his early season performances.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    quarless for me too, for the same reasons pugger gave

also, burnett

guy should have been playing for his roster spot. instead he does nothing, the gets hurt and misses tons of time. and insteadof winning or proving he should be starting, hne wins it by default because of the injury. i would say hyde for sure, haha and maybe richardson all looked better in preseason then burnett did last year
    Big disappointments red.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Why Perry? Seems harsh.
    Just hasn't improved in any one area of his pass rush. Still solid against run but was hoping for a something new to counter his bull rush.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Didn't Perry have a big strip sack in the playing time equivalent of maybe a full game? I'd take that average every four quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    Didn't Perry have a big strip sack in the playing time equivalent of maybe a full game? I'd take that average every four quarters.
    Sure. But there was a lot of nothing in between and he didn't go against many starters until maybe the Chiefs game.

Blog Entries
    Perry for sure

My expectations for Fluffy were so low I can't call him a disappointment. IN fact he's a pleasant surprise for me
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

In the first three games Perry was better than people claim. He had a strip sack and a couple of TFLs. He isn't Clay Matthews, but he did as much as Mike Neal, but I guess he's everbody's whipping boy now.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

In the first three games Perry was better than people claim. He had a strip sack and a couple of TFLs. He isn't Clay Matthews, but he did as much as Mike Neal, but I guess he's everbody's whipping boy now.
    He did, he is not a washout. But he needs another move, too many ineffectual snaps.

I am disappointed, I am not claiming he is a bust or useless.

Blog Entries
    That's about my take on the guy, too.

He needs to add moves. A counter and a spin move in pass rush. His shed is about average, with his strength, he should bury guys in shed. His coverage has improved from the shits to about average.

His strength is definitely that bull rush. He's a big bastard and he's coming hard every pass rush. You don't have to plan much to stop him, but you gotta get him blocked and that ain't super easy. I know what Harv means about not being as down on him as the herd is, but we could get more from him.

I'd like to see more, but I'll take what he gives for now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He did, he is not a washout. But he needs another move, too many ineffectual snaps.

I am disappointed, I am not claiming he is a bust or useless.

Where I am as well. I'm not saying he's a JAG. But he hasn't come close to living up the Packerrats Kool Aide Hype either
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?