Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Biggest Training Camp Disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Where I am as well. I'm not saying he's a JAG. But he hasn't come close to living up the Packerrats Kool Aide Hype either
    Thirded. I was hoping for him to show big against 2s and 3s. He didn't.

Thornton. Even though it's common for rookie D-Linemen to struggle, he was a disappointment. Watching him Thursday night, I questioned whether he was in very good physical shape. Just didn't look like the same guy they drafted. Then he pulled a hamstring. He'll get another chance next year. Hope he's more ready to contribute.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Thornton. Even though it's common for rookie D-Linemen to struggle, he was a disappointment. Watching him Thursday night, I questioned whether he was in very good physical shape. Just didn't look like the same guy they drafted. Then he pulled a hamstring. He'll get another chance next year. Hope he's more ready to contribute.
    McCarren noted he did have 2 good penetrations while he was in there. Doesn't make up for his camp, but maybe a glimpse of his future.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quarless or Perry for me as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    This is a fine nomination; I was never fond of this guy from the start so he was not on my list. I did buy into the Bradford hype so disappointed in him.

In regards to Perry......still think he's a miscast in this system ......but I have really been cheering for the Kool aiders to be 100 percent correct on him so that's my guy
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Not a disappointment, but something to watch out for. My impression is that Masthay was more inconsistent than in the past. I'm not worried, but I will be paying attention to his early season performances.
    That's funny, I noticed it too. He's a vet though, I chalk it up to trying something different, or fine tuning a wrinkle. When the bright lights are on he'll go with what he knows works.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Eric Von Zipper Rat All-Pro CaliforniaCheez's Avatar
    The biggest disappointment in training camp is that the Packers did not work on tackling fundamentals.

The Seahawks could tackle but the Packers looked like they were chasing a greased pig.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Not a disappointment, but something to watch out for. My impression is that Masthay was more inconsistent than in the past. I'm not worried, but I will be paying attention to his early season performances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    That's funny, I noticed it too. He's a vet though, I chalk it up to trying something different, or fine tuning a wrinkle. When the bright lights are on he'll go with what he knows works.
    Sometime Patler and Guiness are right, too!
    The above were posted on 8/30/2014 and 8/31/2014.

He looked OK early, then fell apart late.

Masthay was solid until the birth of his child. He seemed to have a couple of poor games and then lost his confidence.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson