Thread: DO...The Chicago Bears have the pieces to be Super Bowl winner?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    They Bears were a 4th and 8 away from beating us twice last year, and I think they're better this year.

I still think we win the division, but it's certainly not a given - Detroit and Minnesota will be better this year too.

The NFC North has become a very competetive division.
    They also couldn't seize the division from a team starting 3 different QBs after Rodgers that ultimately finished 8-7-1.

So beating us and making the playoffs wouldn't exactly be an achievement considering both the Bears and the Lions had all the time in the world to take control and failed to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    They also couldn't seize the division from a team starting 3 different QBs after Rodgers that ultimately finished 8-7-1.

So beating us and making the playoffs wouldn't exactly be an achievement considering both the Bears and the Lions had all the time in the world to take control and failed to do so.
    The bottom line:

All we need is a healthy Aaron Rodgers....the Green Bay Packer 'LEADER'.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

They're a flawed team to be sure - but so are the Packers.

Detroit beat us senseless in the T-giving day game... I don't care if we were minus our QB or not - there's no way to rationalize a beating like that. Our team is every bit as flawed as the Lions or Bears.
    wist

They're a flawed team to be sure - but so are the Packers.

Detroit beat us senseless in the T-giving day game... I don't care if we were minus our QB or not - there's no way to rationalize a beating like that. Our team is every bit as flawed as the Lions or Bears.
    When it's bad play from Flynn, yeah, it's pretty easy to rationalize. The game at least was close until the battle of attrition finally started sliding the Lions way.

The Packers drives went:

Punt, FG (after an out out of bounds KO), punt, punt, punt, punt, turnover, turnover, punt, punt, turnover. I'm pretty sure they could manage a little better than that under Rodgers.

Like every team in the NFL, the Packers do have flaws. But I think they have decidedly fewer than the rest of the division, and they have the QB to make up for them.

When it's bad play from Flynn, yeah, it's pretty easy to rationalize. The game at least was close until the battle of attrition finally started sliding the Lions way.

The Packers drives went:

Punt, FG (after an out out of bounds KO), punt, punt, punt, punt, turnover, turnover, punt, punt, turnover. I'm pretty sure they could manage a little better than that under Rodgers.

Like every team in the NFL, the Packers do have flaws. But I think they have decidedly fewer than the rest of the division, and they have the QB to make up for them.

Nice post. When folks wax poetic about Flynn all I can think about is how dreadful he was in this game. Our much aligned defense got 3 turnovers in the first half of that game that Flynn couldn't do shit with.

The Packers drives went:

I agree that we have fewer flaws than anyone else in the division, and that we should win the division... but we are not an invincible juggernaut.

Our defense has been a disaster for 3 years running - one of the worst in the league... as "flaws" go, that's a pretty glaring one.

Did TT do enough to right the ship on that side of the ball?? We'll see... but in no way do I think we whistle a happy tune all the way to the division championship.
    wist

I agree that we have fewer flaws than anyone else in the division, and that we should win the division... but we are not an invincible juggernaut.

Our defense has been a disaster for 3 years running - one of the worst in the league... as "flaws" go, that's a pretty glaring one.

Did TT do enough to right the ship on that side of the ball?? We'll see... but in no way do I think we whistle a happy tune all the way to the division championship.
    I don't the defense will be top 10 this season. But I think there's enough in place to get up to the top half of the league which, combined with the offense, should be enough to bring Super Bowl contention into the conversation.

We were only sweating last season because of the Rodgers injury. Otherwise the team finishes in the 11-5/10-6 range and would not have been worried about the NFC North at all.

The Packers drives went:

Agree.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!