Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: DO...The Chicago Bears have the pieces to be Super Bowl winner?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Ditto. Don't forget, if this is trap game week for the Packers, it's more so for the Lions. They killed the Bears in Detroit so they may be looking beyond the Bears.

Let's hope the Bears' players feel they've got something to prove.
    It's entirely possible something unexpected happens in Chicago this week-end.

The Bears have Forte, who has had a top 5 RB type of season with almost 1700 yards from scrimmage and 9 TDs. If Clausen comes in and is a game manager, Forte has a good game and the D shows up, they could be a tough opponent. Add in the Lions history of late season collapse, well, there is hope for the Bears to help the Pack out here!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I think it's all about Jay Cutlers lousy play and attitude.

How that affects everything else....and possibly winning based in a solid game plan.

Jay Cutler simply isn't a TEAM PLAYER.

This goes back to last season and the decision to replace Josh McCown with a returning Jay Cutler (from injury) when Josh McCown had the Bears really rolling.

With Josh McCown behind Center you could see a positively different and confident team. The Bears offense was seriously hot.
    His lousy play is indisputable, but is his attitude really that bad? The media loves to beat on him because his body english is horrible, he looks like he's pouting all the time. Add in a few internet meme's (there's a website dedicated to him that sells Smokin' Jay t-shirts!) and it's pretty easy to start believing his press.

I've never thought he was elite, and think he's been over rated from his draft position on. Someone in Denver must've had the same idea and cut bait. But I don't know that I doubt his commitment, attitude, etc.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post

The Bears have Forte, who has had a top 5 RB type of season with almost 1700 yards from scrimmage and 9 TDs. If Clausen comes in and is a game manager, Forte has a good game and the D shows up, they could be a tough opponent. Add in the Lions history of late season collapse, well, there is hope for the Bears to help the Pack out here!
    Man... the Vikings sure messed up a great opportunity to help out.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

I cannot imagine a scenario where Jimmy Clausen gives the Bears a better chance to win than Cutler does. Cutler is having a bad year, but he's still a top 10-12 QB. Way better than most of what the league has to put up with.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

His lousy play is indisputable, but is his attitude really that bad? The media loves to beat on him because his body english is horrible, he looks like he's pouting all the time. Add in a few internet meme's (there's a website dedicated to him that sells Smokin' Jay t-shirts!) and it's pretty easy to start believing his press.

I've never thought he was elite, and think he's been over rated from his draft position on. Someone in Denver must've had the same idea and cut bait. But I don't know that I doubt his commitment, attitude, etc.
    Yep. Any doubts I had about his commitment ended the year he got in shape and got rid of his extra neck rolls.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I cannot imagine a scenario where Jimmy Clausen gives the Bears a better chance to win than Cutler does. Cutler is having a bad year, but he's still a top 10-12 QB. Way better than most of what the league has to put up with.
    The 'Clausen is a game manager' part. Where Cutler isn't out there to do this and lose it

--

there is hope for the Bears to help the Pack out here!
    Actually, no there isn't. The games this week have no bearing on the division. The winner of the Detroit - GB game will win the NFC North. The games this week do matter for seeding and possible wild card births. But there is no way for the Bears to actually help the Packers out (excluding injury), unless they find some sort of Detroit weakness and put it out there on film.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

The Bears aren't going to win. They have quit, the coach can't motivate them, their defense is atrocious, their defensive coordinator cant get his people to do anything.

These Lions are not the Schartz Lions. Their offense is not overpowering but they are playing hard and aren't rolling over. Caldwell is a coach, not a lunatic.

The Packers need to get their shit together and take care of Tampa, then keep their shit together and settle Detroits hash. If they don't, they dont deserve the division or the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Actually, no there isn't. The games this week have no bearing on the division. The winner of the Detroit - GB game will win the NFC North. The games this week do matter for seeding and possible wild card births. But there is no way for the Bears to actually help the Packers out (excluding injury), unless they find some sort of Detroit weakness and put it out there on film.
    Was I Patlerized by the self-professed Megalomanic Rat? Damn...

Ok, the Bears can't help the Packers, but they can hurt the Lions! If the Lions lose out (last 2 games of the season on the road in Chicago and Green Bay? Ouch), Philly and Dallas win out, they miss the playoffs!
    --

Remember, its the Lions we are talking about. Anything is possible, including getting lost on way to Chicago.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Remember, its the Lions we are talking about. Anything is possible, including getting lost on way to Chicago.
    If the team bus is picking them up in the parking lot at the Joe Louis arena, they might get mugged and never get out of Detroit!
    --

heard jurko on the radio today talking about the bears. didn't know he was up there on some chi sports radio station. sounded like a real bears fan.
    Last edited by gbgary; 12-18-2014 at 06:29 PM.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    More like this:

Little Buddy!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    heard jurko on the radio today talking about the bears. didn't know he was up there on some chi sports radio station. sounded like a real bears fan.
    He grew up in Illinois, probably a lifelong Bears fan. Packers let him go after 1995 season. There were rumors he was a major supplier of Vicodin to Favre.

Reading between the lines from comments made by some Bear players, and also what I've heard from some radio guys guys around here....yes it is
    Go PACK

Hi Guiness:

Watch this presser carefully. Watch his body language and his response to the question- "Can you play for Marc Trestman next season?"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...tay-in-chicago

Jay Cutler: I want to stay in Chicago

By Kevin Patra ... Around the NFL writer

Published: Dec. 18, 2014 at 03:39 p.m. ... Updated: Dec. 18, 2014 at 07:46 p.m

I'd hope for for a quick no doubts "Absolutely !!" kind of a response....not a yes .......then a ponder..... and a yes.

Jay Cutler might hire a personality check and body language coach. He surely can spare some $$CASH$$ for such an intervention.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Jay Cutler: I want to stay in Chicago
    playing football optional
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    He grew up in Illinois, probably a lifelong Bears fan. Packers let him go after 1995 season. There were rumors he was a major supplier of Vicodin to Favre.
    He said he supplied. Rumors and confirmation arrived at same time.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    More like:

Too many people going down with the ship for that one. The entire coaching staff for starters is in shambles - offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, o-line coach, special teams, the head coach clearly has no control over this ship, the GM's draftpicks and free agent pickups have just about universally failed. Cutler, the whole damn team is sunk. Briggs is done. Tillman hasn't played much in two years it seems. They have no safety talent. They get gashed through the air and still only have the 18th ranked rush D by yards. The offensive line is really offensive.

Keep Forte and the receivers but even they're getting old except Jefferies. The rookie CB can stay too but that's about it. Staring at cap nightmares with a dramatically underperforming $20 million annual weight around your neck. The fanbase has totally turned on the team and is pulling the ship and everyone on it down with them.

The bottom is clearly in sight... the preseason favorite to earn the 2016 #1 draft pick.

Is there a team out there that will be dumb enough to take the noose that is Jay Cutler and tie it around their own neck?