Hyde
    Daniels/D Jones/Peppers had some nice rushes

Duds
    Brad Jones
    Special teams
    Ball security
    Go PACK

Dud - Rodgers.

Injury prone and still cannot win close games or come from behind.

Stud - Stafford. Sure he's inaccurate, but he nearly brought his team back.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Studs:

Won't look like much on stat sheet, but Richard Rodgers had some nice tough catches.

Offensive Line did a great job of protecting an immobile Rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Studs:

Won't look like much on stat sheet, but Richard Rodgers had some nice tough catches.

+1 for Richard Rodgers. His third down catch after battling the LB the whole time was a ray of hope for a team that needs more red zone options.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Studs:

I've really liked the offensive line all season. Rodgers had a key catch that gets broken up most of time.

Studs
    Rodgers - MVP. 'nuff said.

Lacy - Ran hard, the fumble sucked, but he had a good day vs. a good rushing defense.

O-line - Really has become a strength for the team.

Cobb/Nelson - Throwing short/intermediate routes and letting them accumulate YAC? What a concept. Too bad it took Rodgers' calf injury to figure it out.

Hyde - Nice to have a solid threat back there on returns.

Duds
    Brad Jones - At least Jarrett Bush can contribute on special teams and occasionally makes plays when pressed into duty.

Special teams kicking blocking - The return blocking seems to be good. The kicking teams...not so much. That's going to kill us if they can't find a way to clean it up.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    +1 for Richard Rodgers. His third down catch after battling the LB the whole time was a ray of hope for a team that needs more red zone options.
    He needs to convert his body. He finds another half step and he will maul defenses short.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    [

Duds
    Brad Jones - At least Jarrett Bush can contribute on special teams and occasionally makes plays when pressed into duty.
    Jones lead the team in Special Teams tackles as of a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He needs to convert his body. He finds another half step and he will maul defenses short.
    I think this is what will happen. He's playing about 15 pounds heavier than he played last year. I'm guessing a lot of that extra weight is not good weight.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I'm not going to say Stubby was a dud this game, but he wasn't a stud either. He had his team ready to play, granted, but it was a home game. I just wish he'd give up calling the plays. Then he'd be able to get his head in the overall game more. Forgoing the field goal early was OK (although his playcalling down there was suspect IMO), but attempting the 52 yarder later in the game wasn't good.

Lions were a different team when they had field position. He shoulda punted and pinned them deep in their own territory.

Also, the onsides punt attempt...Maybe if Stubby's head was not buried in that playcard he could have anticipated what the Lion's would do and kicked Slocum in the ass.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Also, the onsides punt attempt...Maybe if Stubby's head was not buried in that playcard he could have anticipated what the Lion's would do and kicked Slocum in the ass.
    Who wouldn't know that the Lions would at least TRY to get the ball back there? They needed to score 2 TDs in about 5 min. It would be pointless to just kick the ball to the Packers deep. I was actually thinking the kick would be a lower pooch...just enough to get 10 yards and let the Lions players get that far downfield...but not enough to where the other team would think to fair catch. You would think someone would realize they could fair catch a moonshot.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Who wouldn't know that the Lions would at least TRY to get the ball back there? They needed to score 2 TDs in about 5 min. It would be pointless to just kick the ball to the Packers deep. I was actually thinking the kick would be a lower pooch...just enough to get 10 yards and let the Lions players get that far downfield...but not enough to where the other team would think to fair catch. You would think someone would realize they could fair catch a moonshot.
    It could me by surprise...AND I didn't know the rules that governed it. But then I'm not a Head Coach or Special Teams Coach. One of them should have damn well known. But Slocum's probably too stupid and, like I said, Stubby got his head up his playbook.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT

A. Rodgers 17/22 226 2 0
    M. Flynn 1/1 6 0 0

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG

E. Lacy 26 100 0 22

Receiving REC YDS TD LG

J. Nelson 6 86 0 22

R. Cobb 4 80 2 34

R. Rodgers 5 40 0 18

E. Lacy 3 26 0 15

Studs:

A. Rodgers and R. Cobb and Eddie Lacy....Jordy Nelson and R. Rodgers played well.

** Micah Hyde and his 56 Yard Punt return for a TD !

The Defense played good again.

Duds:

ST's again:

** Ohh sure but:

Crosby missed his only FG attempt. The punting was well... Tim Masthay had a 27 yard average for 3 punts.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Studs

The MVP...even Favre would be proud of this effort.
    Packer OL...after Rodgers came back, he was barely touched back there.
    Lacy...the fumble hurt, but they guy would not go down to any of the first 3 defenders who grabbed him.
    Nelson...most yardage for a Packers receiver ever in a season.
    Cobb...was the impact in space that Green Bay needed against Detroit. Thompson is going to have to pay the man.
    Team defense...no single player stood out, but a lot of guys made a big play here or there. They often came up big when they needed to in the 2nd half.

Duds

Slocum...easily the worst special teams coach in the NFL. I could find a better option in a mental ward.
    Brad Jones...easily the worst LB in the NFL. Again, I could find a better option from a group of guys on crutches.
    Jim Caldwell...down 10 points with time almost running out in the shadow of his own end zone, he has his team run another play at the 5 second mark for some dumb reason. Could you imagine if someone got hurt on that play when both teams are playoff bound? Thank God whoever caught the 2 yard pass had far more sense than anyone else on the Lions and just ran out of bounds. Really, really, really dumb.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

I reckon I did not hear the name Davante Adams at all today. That can't happen in the playoffs.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I reckon I did not hear the name Davante Adams at all today. That can't happen in the playoffs.
    He and Boykin have been proving to be Mr. Irrelevants this season. It did take some like James Jones a few years to stop dropping passes all the time, but starting with the end of the Patriots game when Boykin dropped the game sealing TD he's had a few more drops, and Boykin has sucked all year. The slant TD to Cobb today would have been either a drop or a pick due to a bad route by the Adams/Boykin combo.

Rat Starter
    Upon reviewing this game on NFL Shortcuts....

Hoes:

Barrington - Gave up a few passes and was out of position on a few runs...Blitzed with decent velocity, though.

Fat Mac - Why was Lacy still in the game on the Packers' last drive?...Game was pretty much over..Lacy absorbed a ferocious hit before the Packers punted...Coulda caused a head injury...Playcalling on failed goalline drive was predictable.

Suh - What a thug...This guy probably has "Thug Life" tattooed on his abs.

Pimps:

Cobb - Caught a bunch of bullets.

Rodgers - Showed toughness of a rugby playa...Don't follow rugby but read somewhere that those guys play through hamstring pulls, ankle sprains, concussions and bones sticking out of body, etc...Made a couple of though catches.

Lacy - Smashmouth as fuck...Almost a hoe for fumble...Fumbles are simply unacceptable, unless the Packers D is creating them.

Joe and Troy - Not sure why folks hate these 2...They're Fox's #1 team for a reason: They're great...When Fox showed Rodgers pulling some guy's beard, they were like, Rodgers pulled the beard of THAT GUY...lol, reminds me of an episode of Futurama.

Peppers - Committed a bunch of pressures.

Mr. Hyde - Nice punt-6, although its probably 50-50 Sheilds gets called for illegal block behind da back.

Burnett - Other than a missed tackle, this guy looked like Sharper in his prime.
    Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 12-29-2014 at 04:34 AM.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    I thought about a coveted 'double stud' for tj but he failed to take a swing at suh. I know that would have caused a penalty, he would have got ejected, and may have lost the game, but it still was the right thing to do.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Upon reviewing this game on NFL Shortcuts....
    Sunday package kinda expensive for a burger flipper, no?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck