Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: DO...The Chicago Bears have the pieces to be Super Bowl winner?

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    The 'Clausen is a game manager' part. Where Cutler isn't out there to do this and lose it

Hahahahaha ....

Jay Cutler... Damn it I've been trying to figure this out for the longest time and I finally get it:

He's got the head of Dr. Frankenstein's monster.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Actually, no there isn't. The games this week have no bearing on the division. The winner of the Detroit - GB game will win the NFC North. The games this week do matter for seeding and possible wild card births. But there is no way for the Bears to actually help the Packers out (excluding injury), unless they find some sort of Detroit weakness and put it out there on film.
    Can the Bears help out the Packers this week?

** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Too many people going down with the ship for that one. The entire coaching staff for starters is in shambles - offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, o-line coach, special teams, the head coach clearly has no control over this ship, the GM's draftpicks and free agent pickups have just about universally failed. Cutler, the whole damn team is sunk. Briggs is done. Tillman hasn't played much in two years it seems. They have no safety talent. They get gashed through the air and still only have the 18th ranked rush D by yards. The offensive line is really offensive.

Keep Forte and the receivers but even they're getting old except Jefferies. The rookie CB can stay too but that's about it. Staring at cap nightmares with a dramatically underperforming $20 million annual weight around your neck. The fanbase has totally turned on the team and is pulling the ship and everyone on it down with them.

The bottom is clearly in sight... the preseason favorite to earn the 2016 #1 draft pick.

Is there a team out there that will be dumb enough to take the noose that is Jay Cutler and tie it around their own neck?
    Briggs, Tillman and Paea are all free agents this year. Jeffery and Forte will be free agents in 2016. A lot of players to sign or replace and it looks like they're going to have to draft a QB. The Bears are going to have to hire someone to run that team with enough of a reputation that their own free agents will want to stay. It won't be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

Trade? Does anyone want him at roughly $16-21M/year? How much will they give to take on that obligation? Does a 32 year old 10 year vet still have "upside" to hope for????
    According to the National Football Post, the Jets might actually need Cutler's contract. The CBA requires teams to spend minimum amounts in four year periods, and the Jets are almost 5% below the minimum through the first two years.

According to the National Football Post, the Jets might actually need Cutler's contract. The CBA requires teams to spend minimum amounts in four year periods, and the Jets are almost 5% below the minimum through the first two years.
    I would buy Jets tickets to see Rex Ryan coach Jay Cutler. But I don't think Rex is there much longer.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

So pft is saying that a few sources from un named teams have said that the bears might actually have to give up picks in order to trade cutler

http:// http://profootballtalk.nbcsp...o-move-cutler/

You couldnt make this stuff up lol

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    So pft is saying that a few sources from un named teams have said that the bears might actually have to give up picks in order to trade cutler

Well ...... it's Jay Cutler.....Yea !

NFL GM's will exercise more caution in the future; instead of rushing to upgrade the contracts of the likes of Jay Cutler and Colin Kaepernick.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

Wow.

"We'll consider taking Cutler off your hands, but if we're going to let you do that to us, we need a high draft pick too so we can draft a real quarterback for the future. Oh, and NFL rules require you to get something in return... How about a conditional 7th round pick if he turns it over less than 30 times for us next year."

I hadn't even considered that a signing could be that bad. Jeff George and his attitude wasn't that bad. Hell Ryan Leaf didn't hurt that much.

The Bears last year drafted David Fales - QB - San Jose St. Man, is that a perfect last name for a Bears QB, or what?

Blog Entries
    Now it's just piling on.

At least he can afford the highest quality H20.

Report that Titans could be interested in trading for Cutler. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ay-cutler-deal

If this happens, do Titans pay Cutler's guaranteed 15.5 million in 2015 and 10 million in 2016? Or are the Bears on the hook for that?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Report that Titans could be interested in trading for Cutler. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ay-cutler-deal

If this happens, do Titans pay Cutler's guaranteed 15.5 million in 2015 and 10 million in 2016? Or are the Bears on the hook for that?
    It's murky, but the Bears almost have to trade Big Play Jay.

There's this..."certain circumstances would have the Bears paying the difference of the $15.5 million that Cutler’s owed in 2015 and what his new team would sign him for."

If traded and the new team assumes his salary or re-negotiates a new deal friendly to both parties, the Bears could get away with owing only 4 million of dead money for '15.

The McCaskey's should get rid of coach and front office staff and start over. This is an awful contract that never should have been proposed.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    It's murky, but the Bears almost have to trade Big Play Jay.

There's this..."certain circumstances would have the Bears paying the difference of the $15.5 million that Cutler’s owed in 2015 and what his new team would sign him for."

If traded and the new team assumes his salary or re-negotiates a new deal friendly to both parties, the Bears could get away with owing only 4 million of dead money for '15.

The McCaskey's should get rid of coach and front office staff and start over. This is an awful contract that never should have been proposed.
    Its not that bad of a deal really, if they can find a trade partner, it sounds like they can get out of the deal afte only one year without much of a penalty

When you trade a guy to another team, you're on the cap hook for his remaining signing bonuses and any other bonuses already earned, but not his upcoming salary and bonuses going forward. If no team wants to bite on Cutler's guaranteed salary, da Bears can convert some of it to a bonus, pay Jay now, and take the cap hit for it, but at least move some of his future salary off their books and cap. It's like selling last year's model at a loss just to get it off your lot.

Actually, it's a lot like that.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Jay Cutler is going to start for the Bears in Week 17.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...-chicago-bears

Cutler To Start, Clausen Concussed

LAKE FOREST, Ill. --
    " Bears quarterback Jay Cutler will start Chicago's season finale against the Vikings after Jimmy Clausen experienced delayed symptoms of a concussion Sunday evening and will not play this weekend, the team announced on Monday.

Clausen was ruled out after an examination on Monday morning."

I'll repeat, because I have found this site to be very accurate. According to the "Spotrac" breakdown:

- Total guarantee as of March 2014 was $38M.
    - An additional $10M guarantees in 3/2015.
    - If they dump him before March, they are still on the hook next year for a $19.5M cap hit after a cap charge this year of $18.5M.

Assuming they cut him before the next guarantee and assuming the offset provision applies, it appears their cap hit = $19.5 - (2015 salary from whoever he signs with)

I'll repeat, because I have found this site to be very accurate. According to the "Spotrac" breakdown:

- Total guarantee as of March 2014 was $38M.
    - An additional $10M guarantees in 3/2015.
    - If they dump him before March, they are still on the hook next year for a $19.5M cap hit after a cap charge this year of $18.5M.

Assuming they cut him before the next guarantee and assuming the offset provision applies, it appears their cap hit = $19.5 - (2015 salary from whoever he signs with)
    Contract has offset language? That surprises me, wouldn't think a negotiator would dare try to put that language into a starting qb's 3rd contract!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Now it's just piling on.

At least he can afford the highest quality H20.

Some Bears fans are converting their Cutler jerseys. Putting a piece of tape over the "C" and writing in a "B", making it a Kevin Butler jersey. (who

Kevin Butler wore the same jersey number.

Sam Shields and Tramon Williams have confidence in Jay Cutler as a passer.

Their confident he'll get the ball to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Contract has offset language? That surprises me, wouldn't think a negotiator would dare try to put that language into a starting qb's 3rd contract!
    Does seem a bit strange, but a number of reporters have mentioned it being in Cutler's contract. I suppose you could sell it as being needed in case the team ends up with a Brett Favre-like situation in the last few years of the contract. A young QB ready to take over and an ancient vet still under contract wanting to wring a few more years out of his career. It's an incentive for the team to release him and let him look for a home elsewhere, even with a team unwilling or unable to assume his remaining contract via a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Boy, things must be bad in Nashville if they are considering this clown. That team needs other players besides a QB so it would be moronic for them to take on Cutlet's salary and all the crap that comes with him.