Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Week 17 Games

Other Week 17 Games

There are three NFC games that matter. Why do they put all three games on at 3:25? I guess I know answer - that's when you get greatest audience. But these are like playoff with national interest. Wish we could watch a 2nd good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    There are three NFC games that matter. Why do they put all three games on at 3:25? I guess I know answer - that's when you get greatest audience. But these are like playoff with national interest. Wish we could watch a 2nd good game.
    Carolina @ Atlanta and Detroit @ Green Bay were previously scheduled for 12:00 Noon CST.

Cincy @ Pittsburgh is on Sunday Night starting at 7:30 CST.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    The start of those early games are difficult to make for all those west coast folks praying to The Lord into the afternoon.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Some Packerrats have a keen interest in all NFL games.

I can't wait for this weeks games to get started. We've had an exciting season in the Packerrats Pro Pickem. It's never been closer at the top of the standings.

Standings Packerrats Pro Pickem League through Week 16:

Rank ... Pick Set Name ... Total CP's ... W-L Record

1. Bert Bosch (aka woodbuck27) 1354 162-77

2. esoxx 1354 149-90

3. superfan 1349 151-88

4. CaliforniaCheez 1333 157-82

5. Haha I see your Clinton Dix 1319 149-90

6. Danish SwashBucklers 1311 143-96

7. ThunderDan 1307 157-82

8. Cheesehead Craig 1295 153-86

9. Eddie Lacy Trucking Company 1208 141-98

10. Donkey Lust 1141 132-107

GOOD LUCK ALL Pro Pickem players.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    The start of those early games are difficult to make for all those west coast folks praying to The Lord into the afternoon.
    ya, I get why they prefer games at 3:30. But with three games on at same time, you completely lose 2/3 of the potential audience. If they put panthers-carolina on at noon, people all around country are going to tune-in to a playoff type game. At 3:30, most of country is watching Packers or Seattle.

You can't DVR games on at same time because the networks think it is important to constantly report scores and spoil any interest in watching other games.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ya, I get why they prefer games at 3:30. But with three games on at same time, you completely lose 2/3 of the potential audience. If they put panthers-carolina on at noon, people all around country are going to tune-in to a playoff type game. At 3:30, most of country is watching Packers or Seattle.

You can't DVR games on at same time because the networks think it is important to constantly report scores and spoil any interest in watching other games.
    If you think this is bad, think about New Year's day with Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan State on all at the same time. That's torture for people who like the Big Ten.

I LOLed at this
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    If you think this is bad, think about New Year's day with Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan State on all at the same time. That's torture for people who like the Big Ten.
    I have spent hours agonizing over this tragic situation. I decided the thing to do is to keep a cool head, once you start channel flipping, you aren't enjoying the games, too hard to get into the flow. Alertness will be essential. I have two channel recording on my DVR. There will be a lot of fast-forwarding through other game highlights. Minnesota game starts an hour later, so will try to keep up with Badger game so I can switch DVR and catch final hour of gophers. Gopher game reshown at 3AM on SEC channel, but that could be dicey. I'm gonna get through this.

It's hard to identify exactly when my life went so terribly wrong.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Bad? I'll show you bad! The Fox game of the week in my market at noon is New Orleans at Tampa Bay... Carry on.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Anybody want a play by play?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

McCown completes first two passes. Bucs now at New Orleans 39 yd line.

Announcer just said McCown is a smart QB. I'm sorry. I can't take it anymore. Now watching San Diego at Kansas City.

I got the snoozefest that is
    South America's Team vs. the Potomac Basin Indigenous Peoples....
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

I wonder if they'll be showing the Seattle/St. Louis score on the scoreboard at Lambeau. Might not want Packer players watching scores.

It could be worse, it could be raining.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
    I got the snoozefest that is
    South America's Team vs. the Potomac Basin Indigenous Peoples....
    I get the Colosseum Classics channel. Score so far is christians 0, lions 12800. No much of a rivalry, but I do like my extreme sports.

Week 17 Distribution maps.

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2014&wk=17

Nobody watching Bears - Vikings? I suppose I could turn it on, but the remote is so far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Anybody want a play by play?
    I wonder how Brees and the Saints will screw this one up?

They've had a miserable season.

Romo to Bryant is becoming a familiar echo.

They've combined for 2 TD's already today.

Dallas over Washington 17-7 after 1 Qtr.

San Diego has to pick it up in KC.

KC leads 10-0 12:43 left in the 1st half.