Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: DO...The Chicago Bears have the pieces to be Super Bowl winner?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Released. Out saboteur is now on the street, out in the cold. John LeCarre is writing the novel.
    Dammit. I was looking forward to him biting on Packer play fakes for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    homerism aside da bears and packers are similar teams....both stacked offenses and sub par defense.

I give gb the edge because we have Rodgers and they have cutler
    Oddly enough, the Packers have a better rushing attack too. If they get better ILBs than the Bears MLB then I am heading for the hills.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    They just upgraded their safeties with MD Jennings. Hardly similar D
    They cut Jennings.

They Bears were a 4th and 8 away from beating us twice last year, and I think they're better this year.

I still think we win the division, but it's certainly not a given - Detroit and Minnesota will be better this year too.

The NFC North has become a very competetive division.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    They Bears were a 4th and 8 away from beating us twice last year, and I think they're better this year.

I still think we win the division, but it's certainly not a given - Detroit and Minnesota will be better this year too.

The NFC North has become a very competetive division.
    They also couldn't seize the division from a team starting 3 different QBs after Rodgers that ultimately finished 8-7-1.

So beating us and making the playoffs wouldn't exactly be an achievement considering both the Bears and the Lions had all the time in the world to take control and failed to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    They also couldn't seize the division from a team starting 3 different QBs after Rodgers that ultimately finished 8-7-1.

So beating us and making the playoffs wouldn't exactly be an achievement considering both the Bears and the Lions had all the time in the world to take control and failed to do so.
    The bottom line:

All we need is a healthy Aaron Rodgers....the Green Bay Packer 'LEADER'.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

They're a flawed team to be sure - but so are the Packers.

Detroit beat us senseless in the T-giving day game... I don't care if we were minus our QB or not - there's no way to rationalize a beating like that. Our team is every bit as flawed as the Lions or Bears.
    wist

They're a flawed team to be sure - but so are the Packers.

Detroit beat us senseless in the T-giving day game... I don't care if we were minus our QB or not - there's no way to rationalize a beating like that. Our team is every bit as flawed as the Lions or Bears.
    When it's bad play from Flynn, yeah, it's pretty easy to rationalize. The game at least was close until the battle of attrition finally started sliding the Lions way.

The Packers drives went:

Punt, FG (after an out out of bounds KO), punt, punt, punt, punt, turnover, turnover, punt, punt, turnover. I'm pretty sure they could manage a little better than that under Rodgers.

Like every team in the NFL, the Packers do have flaws. But I think they have decidedly fewer than the rest of the division, and they have the QB to make up for them.

Striker's last sentence is pure gold truth. Striker, I proclaim you to be today's golden god!

When it's bad play from Flynn, yeah, it's pretty easy to rationalize. The game at least was close until the battle of attrition finally started sliding the Lions way.

The Packers drives went:

Punt, FG (after an out out of bounds KO), punt, punt, punt, punt, turnover, turnover, punt, punt, turnover. I'm pretty sure they could manage a little better than that under Rodgers.

Like every team in the NFL, the Packers do have flaws. But I think they have decidedly fewer than the rest of the division, and they have the QB to make up for them.

Nice post. When folks wax poetic about Flynn all I can think about is how dreadful he was in this game. Our much aligned defense got 3 turnovers in the first half of that game that Flynn couldn't do shit with.

The Packers drives went:

I agree that we have fewer flaws than anyone else in the division, and that we should win the division... but we are not an invincible juggernaut.

Our defense has been a disaster for 3 years running - one of the worst in the league... as "flaws" go, that's a pretty glaring one.

Did TT do enough to right the ship on that side of the ball?? We'll see... but in no way do I think we whistle a happy tune all the way to the division championship.
    wist

I agree that we have fewer flaws than anyone else in the division, and that we should win the division... but we are not an invincible juggernaut.

Our defense has been a disaster for 3 years running - one of the worst in the league... as "flaws" go, that's a pretty glaring one.

Did TT do enough to right the ship on that side of the ball?? We'll see... but in no way do I think we whistle a happy tune all the way to the division championship.
    I don't the defense will be top 10 this season. But I think there's enough in place to get up to the top half of the league which, combined with the offense, should be enough to bring Super Bowl contention into the conversation.

We were only sweating last season because of the Rodgers injury. Otherwise the team finishes in the 11-5/10-6 range and would not have been worried about the NFC North at all.

The Packers drives went:

Agree.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

To me, it's all about injuries and the performance of this re-tooled defense. If this team stays relatively injury free (especially at key positions), and if the defense plays to its apparent talent level (assuming the "little" guys up front perform), this team can go all the way.

If, though, this is a typical-lately Packer defense, it'll be another hollow NFC North title and an early exit in the playoffs.

So tonight I am looking for some sign that this defense can step it up. Of course, they played lights-out early last season, but that was one of those fart-in-the-wind deals.

Except if it were one of my farts in the wind, it would stay....and stay.....and stay.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

NO !

Surprisingly I believe that Jay Cutler is on some kind of record pace this season.

I need to check that.

Otherwise the Bears are a very sick team. A very sick team on 'D'.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Bears OC Aaron Kromer was the source of Ian Rapaport's story about Cutler killing the Bear offense by not checking out of bad run plays. He denies he was the one who said the franchise has buyer's remorse.

He apologized to the team today.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...211-story.html
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Bears OC Aaron Kromer was the source of Ian Rapaport's story about Cutler killing the Bear offense by not checking out of bad run plays. He denies he was the one who said the franchise has buyer's remorse.

OHHH.

I thought OC meant offensive center, not offensive coordinator.

That goof is so fired.

Now Trestman has a scapegoat, if this will help him a bit.

The Bears really are a mess. Saw this in the article, which states why I was so glad when the Bears signed Cutler to a big contract:

Cutler leads the NFL with 21 turnovers and the offense has been mired in a season-long slump, unable to reach 30 points in a game.

Cutler has a history of going through coaches in quick order. In his sixth season since coming over in a 2009 trade with the Broncos, he is on his second head coach, fourth offensive coordinator and fourth quarterbacks coach.
    Even if Trestman manages to keep his job, it is difficult to see anyway that Kromer can keep his and have the faith and trust of his players.

Bears OC Aaron "Stormy" Kromer was the source of Ian Rapaport's story about Cutler killing the Bear offense by not checking out of bad run plays. He denies he was the one who said the franchise has buyer's remorse.

Fixed his name for ya. Da Yoopers will get dis one, der.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

While Cutler is definitely part of the problem, Lovie Smith is more for so many coordinators in Chicago than the QB is. He lost his job mainly because he couldn't find someone capable. While the defense was the best unit on the team (dominating at times), it didn't have as profound an effect. But as the talent slid to the offensive side, it became more of an issue.

If I remember correctly, the GM had a hand in sacking one OC, right before Martz got hired and the whole thing fell apart.